Vital Villa Interviews 2013 - Villa67
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
1975. Uncle was a season ticket holder and encouraged me and my brother with gifts like Villa money box
2) What is your favourite Villa moment of all time/most treasured memory?
Winning 2-1 away at Arsenal in a League cup QF replay in the 80s with a poor team (Evans and Birchy scored)
3) If you could bring back a former Villa player into this team (at his peak) who would it be and why?
Paul McGrath..steady that defence
4) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
Direction good but seems a little intimidated by the idea of big buys which sooner or later we may need to make
5) Best and worst moments of last season?
Best was Sunderland for the relief/enjoyment. Worst Bradford, the humiliation of the last 20 minutes!
6) Some say last season was a success, others not so much. What is your opinion?
In the cold light of day very lucky to stay up...in February I thought we would finish bottom
7) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board?
Still like Randy but not sure his heart remains in it after his personal turmoil
8) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
Belhanda looks class
9) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
Usual suspects, all the high earners who are not part of the plan
10) Favourite current player?
Brad Guzan...first time for some years I have felt good about the GK
11) Who was your first footballing hero and who are your favourite all time player/s?
Andy Gray was an early here. Loved Deehan, Little, Mortimer, McGrath, Merson
12) What do you expect us to do/finish this season?
FA Cup: Fourth round
13) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
Will we win the league or F.A cup in my lifetime. Good chance of the cup
14) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Martin Sheen...talk movies
b) Age Mid 40`s
c) Location: Wiltshire
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: Red wine
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Squash
f) Favourite Film/s: Apocalypse Now
g) Favourite TV Show/s: Little Britain
h) Music?: 80`s
i) Best ever moment in your life: Birth of daughter
j) Ambitions: Travel some more
k) Wise words: Be nice to people on the way up....
Now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Villan in Exile