Vital Villa Interviews 2012: Paul Silvester
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
1970, I could see the old AV floodlights from my bedroom window, and hear the Holte end when a goal was scored. Villa in my blood.
2) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
Exactly what we need a footballing brain and a personality which emphasises that not an East End criminal, not a smooth Latino just a footballing man.
3) Best and worst moments of last season?
Chelsea away; Bolton at home
4) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board, can a decent season next season make up for last season?
I love Randy, he has done most things right, except the obvious, yes a good team and ambitious manager and the right trajectory. We move on.
5) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
I think we need a creative midfielder, not sure who.
6) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
Alan Hutton, the man, the player is a disgrace
7) Favourite current player?
Has to be Petrov.
8) Favourite all time player/s?
I know it is a difficult question, but as he was one of the early heroes, etc and I was there when he broke his leg at the Hawthorns, Ray Graydon.
9) What do you expect us to do/finish this season assuming a decent transfer window with £25m or so spent?
FA Cup: 5th Round
Carling: Q Final
10) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
Why do you spend so much of your waking life thinking about your football team. A: It is my distraction, my dream world, everything is possible. Optimism is King.
11) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Nelson Mandella, a man who is famous because he has beliefs.
b) Age 48
c) Location: Sheffield
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: Real ale
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Tea
f) Favourite Film/s: Toy Story 11
g) Favourite TV Show/s: The Wire
h) Music?: The Smiths
i) Best ever moment in your life: Being born
j) Ambitions: Be happy
k) Wise words: Walk softly and carry a small stick
now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Stephen Jay Hawkings
we`re not fickle
Carew AV Legend
sid is god
McGrath For Pope
Smell the Glove
Pride Of Lions
Proud to be a Villan
Steff The Villan
McGrath's Dodgy Knees
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.