Vital Villa Interviews 2012: BBJ
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
My Dad moved to Brum for work in 1956. He started to send me the SPORTS ARGUS (and the green 'Mail') every week. These gave very detailed reports of the games involving Villa, Blues, Wolves and the Bagges. Although the latter two were doing better at that time, I latched onto Villa. In 1963, I visited Birmingham for the first time and Dad took me to see Villa beat Bolton 3-0.
2) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
After Eck, I would have welcomed Pippa Peg. I think he'll do well though I doubt if it's going to be spectacular.
3) Best and worst moments of last season?
Best - meeting with Trekker et al at Wigan. The game was poor but the company was great and the meat pies weren't bad either. Worst - the rest of the season!
4) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board, can a decent season next season make up for last season?
There are many worse chairmen and boards and we ought to be careful what we wish for. We may never recover the buzz of the early years but a half-decent season will help calm things down.
5) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
We should try to get Guzan back, not that Shay is suddenly poor but he is somewhat injury-prone. We also need another central defender and left-back.
6) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
7) Favourite current player?
8) Favourite all time player/s?
I'll mention three - Tony Hateley, Paul McGrath, Brian Little
9) What do you expect us to do/finish this season assuming a decent transfer window with £25m or so spent?
Premier - 10th
FA Cup - Decent run
Carling - We ought to try to win it!
10) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
Q - Why do Villa so often flatter to deceive? A - It's a character-building exercise for us supporters.
11) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Carol Vorderman - gorgeous and intelligent (female equivalent of myself, I suppose.....)
b) Age suffice to say I have a bus pass.
c) Location: Our home is in Dublin - but I'm from Belfast where I spent my childhood and early adult life. I've also lived in England 3 different times for over 13 years - Oxford, London, Birmingham, Redditch and, most recently, we had a great 16 months in Chorley.
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: Tut! I do not touch the devil's buttermilk
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Vimto of course
f) Favourite Film/s: I'll mention three - Doctor Zhivago, The Searchers, It's A Wonderful Life
g) Favourite TV Show/s: I've been watching reruns of 'Yes Prime Minister'. They're hilarious, clever - and still VERY relevant.
h) Music?: (Pop) Roy Orbison, Beach Boys, Dire Straits (Other) Light classics, Irish traditional music
i) Best ever moment in your life: All the really good stuff stems from my meeting a very pretty girl on10th July 1966. (Obviously, I wasn't aware of all that then!)
j) Ambitions: To use these so-called 'golden years' as productively as possible.
k) Wise words: 'Men are that they might have joy'.
now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Stephen Jay Hawkings
we`re not fickle
Carew AV Legend
sid is god
McGrath For Pope
Smell the Glove
Pride Of Lions
Proud to be a Villan
Steff The Villan