Vital Villa Interviews 2012: Proud to be a Villan
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
When I was 4 years old. I don't come from a football family so didn't have a team to be handed down to me as it were. Villa were the team that won the first game that I sat and watched, and the addiction began!
2) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
Great appointment, was top of my list when McLeish left, was excited at the prospect of Ole Solskjær, but I think we got the right man. I very much enjoyed chanting his name away at Norwich last game of the season! Haha
3) Best and worst moments of last season?
Best moment: Chelsea away, it was new years eve and we were expecting a hiding, in fact I remember speculation in the pub about how bad it had to be for a refund (it wasn't cheap), turned out to be money well spent, a great day and great atmosphere, some excellent chants winding up the Chelski boys as well.
Worst: Has to be Bolton at home, a massive game where yet again we didn't perform and rolled over and died straight after we took the lead, it was ultimately the game that got McLeish sacked in my opinion.
4) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board, can a decent season next season make up for last season?
I think Lerner and the board have made a few mistakes but it's important that they learn from them, hopefully they have and we can move on. I think that the fans owe Lerner that if I'm honest, he has ploughed a lot of money into our club and has upgrade a lot around the club. I shudder to think where we could be if things hadn't changed
5) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
Tough one, young up and coming players, let's unearth a gem!
6) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
Dunne, Collins, Hutton, Delfounso, Delph
7) Favourite current player?
8) Favourite all time player/s?
9) What do you expect us to do/finish this season assuming a decent transfer window with £25m or so spent?
Premier 7th - 12th
FA Cup: Quarters
10) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
Favourite villa moment in your lifetime: For me it was when Villa beat Man Utd 3-1 to win the League Cup in '94
11) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Stewart Lee, great comedian and Jennifer Ellison, for obvious reasons haha
b) Age 30
c) Location: Northampton
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: Vodka & Redbull
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: 7-up
f) Favourite Film/s: Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, Good Will Hunting
g) Favourite TV Show/s: West Wing
h) Music?: Led Zeppelin
i) Best ever moment in your life: A bit cliche but my son being born last year
j) Ambitions: To be financially secure and happy
k) Wise words:
Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free!
now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Stephen Jay Hawkings
we`re not fickle
Carew AV Legend
sid is god
McGrath For Pope
Smell the Glove
Pride Of Lions