Vital Villa Interviews 2012: Sir Dennis
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
I became a Villa fan the moment I was born in 1964. My Dads family and his family before that were Villa fans so its just a given that we become Villa fans. My first game was Oxford at home in 1969.
2) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
Yes very sound appointment although I am trying not to get to excited as anyone after McLeish will be better.
3) Best and worst moments of last season?
Best moment Chelsea away . I came away from there really thinking we had turned the corner. Worst moment apart from the news about Stan was Swansea the game after Chelsea when I realised we had'nt turned the corner.
4) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board, can a decent season next season make up for last season?
I think Randy & co. really have the Villa at heart but initially I think he may have been a little naive in the way he tried to get into the top 4. Apart from the illogical appointment of McLeish I don't think we can complain to much.
5) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
I would like at least 1 centre half if not 2 and the full back positions need sorting although Herd and Lichaj could step in there . The there is centre midfield and it looks like Lambert has identified that we desperately need to strengthen that area. As for names - Jonas Olsen , NZonzi and Naughton.
6) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
Hutton , Collins , Warnock , Bannan
7) Favourite current player?
Difficult to warm to them really after the effort of the last 2 seasons but Stan stands out .
8) Favourite all time player/s?
Easy Dennis Mortimer , Brian Little ,Andy Gray, Sid , Alex Cropley , Paul McGrath , David Platt and James Milner
9) What do you expect us to do/finish this season assuming a decent transfer window with £25m or so spent?
FA Cup Win (I need the full set of trophies).
Carling Cup - Win
10) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
Yes what is it about supporting us that turns a mild mannered, laid back 48 year old bloke into an illogical , foaming at the mouth, jibbering wreck who manages to totally embarrass his 12 year old son at every game.
11) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Dennis Mortimer just to talk about the golden years under Lord Ron
b) Age 48
c) Location: Shirley
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: wine and whisky
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: tea
f) Favourite Film/s: Don't really watch films but I like the James Bond ones
g) Favourite TV Show/s: Home and Away , Phoenix nights and Gavin & Stacey
h) Music?: U2 , AC/DC , Oasis ,Coldplay , Rainbow
i) Best ever moment in your life: Personally wise the birth of our 2 children , Villa wise Wembley 1975 , Highbury , Anderlecht and Rotterdam
j) Ambitions: To see Villa win the F.A.Cup and to run a marathon in under 4 hours
k) Wise words: If you fail to prepare , prepare to fail.
now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Stephen Jay Hawkings
we`re not fickle
Carew AV Legend
sid is god
McGrath For Pope
Smell the Glove
Pride Of Lions
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.