Vital Villa Interviews 2012: MASON_PARKER
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
1976ish...aged 12...Wasn't really into footy so I said I supported Liverpool....and then Villa beat them 5-1 and I thought...eh up...I'm supporting the wrong team here...
2) Paul Lambert? Your opinion please?
Good appointment methinks...seems to have a passion for the club already and a no nonsense attitude. We shall see I suppose, but I'm pretty excited about it. I think he will have a more attacking style.
3) Best and worst moments of last season?
The best was realising at the last minute we weren't going to be relegated, the worst of course was Stans illness...puts everything into perspective doesn't it ?
4) Your opinion of Randy Lerner and the board, can a decent season next season make up for last season?
I don't think Randy has much idea about Footy in general, but he's trying to make the right decisions...got it hopelessly wrong with McLeish, but you learn from your mistakes. He's backed the Villa with money so I don't think you can fault him on that one.
5) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer?
No one above the age of 28, preferably an attacking midfielder, and a completely new defence.
6) Which player/s should Villa get rid of this summer?
Warnock / Dunne / Collins / Hutton / Fonz
7) Favourite current player?
It's always changing, but I'd say Lichaj, seems to have improved vastly recently.
8) Favourite all time player/s?
Tony Morley...an excitement would rear up everytime he got the ball...when he was on song, Villa were unbeatable. Gordon Cowans was also one of my faves, great passer of the ball. Liked Juan Pablo Angel too.
9) What do you expect us to do/finish this season assuming a decent transfer window with £25m or so spent?
FA Cup: 4th round
10) You can ask yourself any question you want to about Villa and what is your answer?
How come the only time I ever bought a season ticket (1981) we won the league ? I guess I'm a lucky mascot....oh yeah !
11) Just to change the theme slightly, a snap shot of you outside of football, answer or ignore at your leisure:
(based on our WHO ARE YOU thread!!!)
a) Which celebrity/s would you most like to meet and why? Joe Strummer, singer with the CLASH...who unfortunately is dead, but seemingly a nice guy who had a fascinating life.
b) Age 47
c) Location: Wolverhampton
d) Favourite alcoholic drink: Crag Rat (Jennings beer)
e) Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Coke Zero
f) Favourite Film/s: Get Carter / Good the bad & the ugly / Napoleon Dynamite / Gone with the wind
g) Favourite TV Show/s: Benidorm / King of Queens / Anything historical
h) Music?: THE CLASH / CRASS / KILLING JOKE but anything that is not pop...currently like JESCA HOOP.
i) Best ever moment in your life: Too difficult to answer...lots of great things, different times, different people...
j) Ambitions: To expand my business and earn enough to do anything I want !
k) Wise words: Fail to prepare...prepare to fail !
now your turn, how to submit an interview: click here
Stephen Jay Hawkings
we`re not fickle
Carew AV Legend
sid is god
McGrath For Pope
Smell the Glove
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.