Vital Villan Mid Season Interview: avfcjoe66
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
From birth, Uncle was a loyal villa fan travelled to most games when he was younger (including '82 final). He guided my dad towards the villa and he in turn guided me
2) What do you think of this season, do we have the chance to push on or will we slip up like last season?
The chance is there to be taken, however I think we will just miss out. I think in the years to coming we could see a big change with the 'top 4', and this will be our chance to capitalise.
3) Best moment/s of this season so far?
Beating United at old Trafford. Haven't ever see that in my life time and was truly one to remember.
4) Worst moment/moments of this season so far?
The Wigan result on opening day. Looked as if we would continue our poor form from the end of the 08/09 season. The future looked bleak.
5) Do you expect any arrivals this January (bearing in mind MON has indicated not) and IF you could bring in a player or two, who (realistically) would you go for?
I don't expect anyone to come in and nor do i particularly want one. I am overall happy with the squad, there are areas we could improve, however for the money we would spend I couldn't see it as worth while. A good goalscorer alongside gabby would be fantastic in the future but would cost big money now.
6) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer? And do you think Villa will spend enough this summer to progress?
depending on summer sales and who is fed up at there clubs. I think we definately need a goalscorer, as well as a clear up of the centre mids (let Sidders go and bring in someone better).
7) If we made the Carling Cup final, who would you most like to face Manchester United or Manchester City?
Beating Manchester city in the final would be fantastic, just to rub it into Gareth. I was a huge fan of his, and although my old man will disagree with me here, he deserves every bit of stick he gets for the way he treated the villa fans after the support they gave him last year.
8) What do you expect us to do/finish this season?
Premier League: 5th
FA Cup: 3rd/4th
Carling Cup: 1st
9) Your opinion on Martin O'Neill now he is mid way through his 4th season in charge?
Love the man, continued improvement and a huge passion for the club. I would like to see him turn into Mr Aston villa, we have lacked stability for the last few years, Martin has come in and now looks like the man who could bring us that.
10) Your opinion on Randy Lerner and his board?
Randy is fantastic at the moment. Does what is needed, and provides a huge financial backing. I am impressed with all the redevelopment that is going on around the club and villa park (once the north stand is revamped) will be a place everyone will love coming to. The general is a darling, caring and considerate to all fans, and will help anyone out with anything villa.
11) Favourite current player?
12) Favourite former player/s?
In my early villa days always had Hendrie on the back of my shirt. Unusual but I think on that basis he has to be.
13) Right, lets lower the tone... which celebrity would you most like to bang and which would you most like to thump!?!
Thump Jordan. She's a minger.
Bang Keeley Hazzel. She's a beaut.
With thanks to avfcjoe66
How to take the Vital Villan interviews: Click Here:
Previous interviews: www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/interviews