David O'Leary has set down a challenge for Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie.
The player, who has been linked to several clubs during the transfer window, looks like he could have more chances to play at Villa now because of the departure of Leeds midfielder Eirik Bakke and O'Leary has told Hendrie that now is his chance to re-establish himself in the team.
The 28-year-old had admitted that he may have to move to get regular first team football having fallen down the pecking order, but with the options for manager O'Leary now even more limited, the controversial midfielder could just get his chance.
O'Leary told the official site: 'Lee Hendrie has been available for me for eight or nine games this season. He missed a load of games at the start of the season because of a stupid sending-off, then he got a knee injury which ruled him out for a long time. The eight or nine games he has been available for, he has played in. He got injured before Christmas and has been out for a month and has come back.'
Adding: 'Now Bakke has gone he has a chance to establish himself again in the side.'
With press reports linking Lee Hendrie, Jlloyd Samuel, Mark Delaney and Ulises de la Cruz to transfers in January, O'Leary has firmly stated 'I've not had taken calls about any of my players in this window.'
So come on Lee, lets see the fighting and battling Hendrie, not the sloppy short of confidence Hendire. The fans have supported you, now go out and do the business!!!
Login to post a comment
Regular forumers will know about this already, and I don't intend to shine his head but wanted to do something on it when I could find the time...
Aston Villa have a few players out on loan so far this season, so here's an update following on from the last month.
Gordon Cowans' Under 21 side hosted Burnley on Monday at Bodymoor Heath in a friendly.
Aston Villa have six players away with their countries in the October international window.
|1.||Pride of Lions||322|
|9.||LORD RON SAUNDERS||60|