An Interview With A West Ham Fan
The revenge West Ham game is almost upon us, and here's to wiping smiles off certain co-chairman's faces - time for the questions.
With thanks to Rossy from Vital West Ham!
1 - What are you now expecting from the season following your start?
After our bright start I had hoped we`d be pushing for a top ten place but our poor away form now has me just hoping we can stave off any thoughts of relegation before the end of the season approaches.
But, as a team returning to the Premier League, after a season in the
Championship, isn`t it really all about consolidation?
2 - What are the highlights and lowlights from the season so far?
Lowlight first - the 5-1 defeat at the Emirates Stadium, a painful experience.
A highlight - Beating Chelsea 3-1 on December 1st.
3 - How do you feel your club did in the transfer window?
I`m like most punters, I was hoping for a superstar signing but you can`t have it all. In the window that has just closed (January), we brought in Chamakh (from Arsenal) and even the co-owners son voiced his displeasure on one of those social networking sites.
As for the others - Paulista, Pogatetz and company, let`s just say I`m glad nobody took Diame from us!
4) Who has turned out to be your signing of the summer?
Mome Diame - a midfield powerhouse and an absolute bargain, no wonder several sides were said to be after activating the buy-out clause in his contract.
5) Who is going to be your main dangerman when we play?
If Andy Carroll can manage two games on the bounce, then he is your man. Can you cope with his aerial power and the physical nature of his game?
6) What are your weaknesses, any clues for the game will be appreciated :-)
Simple! We`re just not very good on the road, but this weekend could be different.
7) Will you have anyone out who would otherwise play?
I understand your old friend James Collins might be struggling. I wonder what kind of a welcome you Villains would have given him!
Now with a slightly more Claret and Blue angle...
8) Have Villa performed how you expected in the first half of the season, and do you see us improving or really suffering a
Being adrift in the Championship for a season, I`ll hold my hands up and admit my focus on the Premier League somewhat diminished. At the start of this season I didn`t expect you to be struggling but catching glimpses of your performances on the television, I`d say you
lack some guidance and experience.
Will you escape from the clutches of relegation; I`d like to think so.
9) Do you have any thoughts on Paul Lambert?
I have to say that I thought he`d do better than he has. His success at Norwich brought him to my attention. So I`m wondering if the tight purse strings are frustrating him.
10) What have you made of our youth promotions last/this season, anybody caught the eye for you?
Joe Bennett - This lad could go far, if he can sustain his current rate of progress, but I wonder how long you`ll be able to hang onto him.
11) Who has stood out most from our summer signings for you?
Benteke - A real handful that may, if he stops straying offside, could trouble us.
12) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
Just the one? It would have to be Benteke, even more so when you consider that Carroll is only with us on loan, Chamakh on a similar deal and Carlton Cole is in the last year of his contract.
13) Who do you see as our main threat in the game?
Benteke - You`ve dug up a gem there and one that you may struggle to hang onto!
14) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
If we can get at you, unsettle your youngsters, we could, with the likes of Nolan and Noble control the midifeld, but it's a lot of ifs!
15) Finally, a prediction please kind person...
I fancy us in this one; I reckon we can get at least a draw and, just maybe, a win!
Vital Villa on:
Vital Villa on:
Join Vital Villa
It's easy to REGISTER, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!