Writer: Mike Field
Date:Thursday August 30 2012
With thanks to Ken at Vital Newcastle, here's the lowdown ahead of this weekends game.
1) What are you expecting from the season?
Ideally a top 6 finish would be nice, we won't repeat last years success for certain, but it would be nice to see how Europe goes and what we can attract if we stay in Europe for a while.
2) Were there any highlights or lowlights from your pre season?
Absolutely nothing happened in pre-season really, unlike NUFC we have been more or less free of bad news and as usual, we hear nothing of good news until it happens.
3) Are there any interesting transfers you expect to complete before the close of the window?
The Andy Carroll saga is still rumbling on, added by the fact that Arsenal have already 'allegedly' bid for Cabaye, I would imagine the addition of Anita will pave for Cabaye's departure and if this isn't just another figment of Sky TV's imagination, the funds for Cabaye, reported to be approx £15-16m could be used for Carroll, for me though, this just all fits into place too easy, which usually means there's nothing happening.
4) Has anybody left who you think has seriously weakened the team?
Not as yet, Tiote still touted to be a target of various clubs, as is Colocinni, Cabaye, Ba, if any though, Colo would be someone I would see as a massive loss, then again, we have got Perchinio, he can play anywhere,
5) Who is going to be your main dangerman when we play?
Ben Arfa, on his game he will tear you apart.
6) What are your weaknesses, any clues for the game will be appreciated :-)
Full backs in general.
7) Will you have anyone out who would otherwise play?
Tiote? And given we play in Europe just a few days before, any others are a concern.
Now with a slightly more Claret and Blue angle...
8) Are you surprised to see how Villa struggled last season and do you think we will again this time round?
No, not really and don't take this the wrong way, if the top end of your club get something wrong, the rot sets and feeds through, we've been in the same boat.
9) Do you have any thoughts on Paul Lambert?
Loved Highlander, one of my favourite films.
10) What have you made of our youth promotions last/this season, anybody caught the eye for you?
Not really, I don't take much notice though, it sounds as though you may have a similar policy as us though, which in my opinion, is working... slowly.
11) Who has stood out most from our recent acquisitions for you?
El Ahmadi looks a canny player not many goals in him mind you...
12) If you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
You probably won't like this, but I just had a quick look through your squad list, you can keep them.
13) Who do you see as our main threat in the game?
In all honesty, it'll probably be someone like N'Zogbia, I'm never sure about our full backs and if either him or whoever plays out wide can get behind, it could be a worry.
14) Where would you say our current weaknesses are in terms of how you will approach the match?
I would hope we go into this game with the attitude that we can beat these but lets get it done properly, I'm not sure on how good your defence is but I think we'll be looking for a few goals.
15) Finally, a prediction please kind sir...
3-1 to us, not being arrogant, but I feel on the back of Chelsea, and you on the back of Everton, we'll feel that you are beatable and need to get back to winning ways at St James' Park.
Best for the season...
Some interesting answers there, and many have drawn parellels with Newcastle's journey given our problems at the moment.
Vital Villa on:
Vital Villa on:
Join Vital Villa
It's easy to REGISTER, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!
Date:Thursday August 30 2012
Aston Villa v Sunderland Player Ratings (Sunday August 30 2015)
Something For The Weekend (500) (Sunday August 30 2015)
Sherwood Gives Sunderland Thoughts (Saturday August 29 2015)
Audio - Sherwood On Sunderland Draw (Saturday August 29 2015)
Stats: Aston Villa v Sunderland (Saturday August 29 2015)
Aston Villa v Sunderland - Team Sheets (Saturday August 29 2015)
Pre Sunderland Injury Update (Friday August 28 2015)
The Aston Villa Injury Table Updated (Friday August 28 2015)
Mystic Mug v Lawro - Aston Villa v Sunderland (Friday August 28 2015)
Infographic - England Based On Stats! (Aston Villa (Thursday August 27 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||1246|
|Crystal Palace||2||-||1||Aston Villa|
|Aston Villa||0||-||1||Man Utd|
|AFC Bournemouth||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|11. AFC Bournemouth||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|12. Aston Villa||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|Good News - Montero Injury Nothing Serious
» Swansea : 30/08/2015 23:42:00
|The KDB conundrum
» Chelsea : 30/08/2015 23:25:01
|Rate The Players: Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United
» Swansea : 30/08/2015 22:11:00
» Swansea : 30/08/2015 21:25:00
|Monk's Tactical Masterstroke Helps Swans Beat United
» Swansea : 30/08/2015 21:11:00