Writer: J P Fear
Date:Thursday May 31 2012
I thought I'd re-publish this with the current news that Lambert is now the hot favourite:
Following on from our Interview With A Wigan Fan On Roberto Martinez I`ve only been and gone and done one with our Vital Norwich editor with reference to Paul Lambert. Wild times folks, wild times!
With thanks to Dill at http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/
1) So, links to Paul Lambert for Villa. It is only press talk so could be well wide of the mark. What is the general feeling amongst the Canaries fans?
Anything from unease to sheer panic depending on who you talk to. In many ways Villa seem the 'sort' of club that could suit Lambert but from the outside looking in I'm not convinced it would be a great move for him. I think he'll have his eyes on a bigger job elsewhere.
2) Do you think he has the loyalty to stay or will he look to progress his career? Do you fear Liverpool or Villa might nab him?
Oh he'll go at some point, I don't think anyone doubts that, it's just a case of waiting for the right offer to come along.
3) Your board of directors have said they don`t want any approaches, do you think that is posturing for a good pay off or will they fight?
They'll fight alright,but they'll know there is very little they can do in reality to stop him going. It's all about trying to make it work for each side.
4) Do you know, is it true he is on a rolling 12 month contract, has there ever been much talk about that in Norwich circles?!?!
He joined originally on rolling twelve-month contract which was re-negotiated following each promotion, but as far as anyone knows publicly he still has a rolling deal.
5) Ok, pretend (!) you are trying to convince us we SHOULD have him. Tell us his best qualities and style etc
He's young, ambitious, proven that he can work wonders on a limited budget and doesn't come with a load of unwanted baggage. He's precisely the sort of manager a club like Villa should be going for.
6) Can you see him being tempted with a bigger budget, larger ground/history and also the world class training facilities at Bodymoor health (not blowing our own trumpets here but they training set up is unbelievable!)
Who wouldn't be? The issues are more likely to centre around what the budgets would be, and how much control he would have. Lambert is certainly no 'yes' man.
7) Would you have any warnings about lesser qualities? ie some Villa fans fear he`s not had large budgets before and hasn`t had to deal with 'star` players and their egos?!
Lambert hasn't dealt with big budgets as a manager, but that wouldn't put me off. And is a 'star player' stepped out of line he'd deal with them quickly and privately - and they'd be gone.
Lambert forum thread: Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert Set For Villa Talks Next?
Next Manager Links Begin - Paul Lambert?
Young Hungry Dynamic? Managers Linked To Villa
We also have a poll in the forum, Lambert v Ole! Click Here
Date:Thursday May 31 2012
The 'Justice for Jeff` Campaign (Sunday March 1 2015)
Pre West Brom Injury News (Sunday March 1 2015)
Sherwood - Newcastle Frustration & Positives (Sunday March 1 2015)
Audio - Results Are All That Matter (Sunday March 1 2015)
Good Positive Post Match Interview From Sherwood (Saturday February 28 2015)
Stats: Newcastle v Aston Villa (Saturday February 28 2015)
Aston Villa Line Up Away v Newcastle United (Saturday February 28 2015)
Something For The Weekend (484) (Friday February 27 2015)
Mystic Mug v Lawro - Newcastle Utd v Aston Villa (Friday February 27 2015)
Aston Villa Injury Table ... And Our Oppo (Friday February 27 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||51|
|10.||Villan Of The North||11|
|Hull City||2||-||0||Aston Villa|
|15. Hull City||27||6||8||13||-11||26|
|19. Aston Villa||27||5||7||15||-24||22|
|20. Leicester City||26||4||6||16||-18||18|
|Did you really think Spurs could win?
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 22:07:00
|Audio - Pellegrini On Liverpool Defeat
» Man City : 01/03/2015 19:39:00
|Fabregas` Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:33:00
|Mourinho`s Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:14:00
|Cahill`s Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:07:00