Writer: John Lerwill
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Ok, the ugly truth from this season:
* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.
* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).
* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).
* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.
* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.
* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).
* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).
This season records:
* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.
* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.
* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).
* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.
* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.
Alex McLeish says: "I haven`t become a bad manager over-night".
Nope, you`ve perfected that over many seasons Eck, now please go and leave our beloved Club alone.
With thanks to John Lerwill, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would do this as I get nervous with stats, I don`t like getting things wrong! He`s obliged: http://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/astonvilla/
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Dwight Yorke Loves Villa & Wants To Manage Us! (Thursday December 12 2013)
AVFC FA Cup v Sheffield United Ticket News (Thursday December 12 2013)
FA Cup Third Round Tie Set (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Vital Villa's Man Of The Match v Fulham (Wednesday December 11 2013)
U18s Through To The Fourth Round (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Four Games Until The Halfway Point For Villa... (Tuesday December 10 2013)
The Villa Times - 10/12/2013 (Tuesday December 10 2013)
VMF Newsletter For December (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Villa Away To Newcastle United Time Change For Sky (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Aston Villa Linked To Two In Jan Transfer Gossip (Tuesday December 10 2013)
|4.||Pride of Lions||182|
|West Ham||0||-||0||Aston Villa|
|9. Man Utd||15||6||4||5||3||22|
|11. Aston Villa||15||5||4||6||-2||19|
|12. Hull City||15||5||3||7||-6||18|
|FA Cup Tie
» Spurs : 13/12/2013 08:42:00
|SPURS vs ANZHI....From Russia With Gloves.
» Spurs : 13/12/2013 08:23:00
|Name the Starting XI - Crystal Palace (h)
» Chelsea : 13/12/2013 07:35:00
» Chelsea : 13/12/2013 07:34:00
|Man Arrested After Attacking Mourinho
» Chelsea : 13/12/2013 07:33:00
|Preview: Stoke travel to Hull
» Stoke : 13/12/2013 01:17:00
|Laudrup: Qualification Is Most Important
» Swansea : 12/12/2013 21:54:00