Writer: John Lerwill
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Ok, the ugly truth from this season:
* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.
* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).
* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).
* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.
* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.
* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).
* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).
This season records:
* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.
* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.
* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).
* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.
* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.
Alex McLeish says: "I haven`t become a bad manager over-night".
Nope, you`ve perfected that over many seasons Eck, now please go and leave our beloved Club alone.
With thanks to John Lerwill, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would do this as I get nervous with stats, I don`t like getting things wrong! He`s obliged: http://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/astonvilla/
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Lawro v Mystic Mug - Villa v Spurs (Saturday November 1 2014)
Something For The Weekend (470) (Friday October 31 2014)
Tonev Gets Seven Match Ban (Friday October 31 2014)
Steer Returns & Disappears To Yeovil (Friday October 31 2014)
The Villa Times - 31/10/2014 (Friday October 31 2014)
AVFC - This Season v Last Season (9 Games) (Friday October 31 2014)
Villa Injury Update Ahead Of Spurs Clash (Friday October 31 2014)
Lambert Wants Villa To Put On A Show?! (Friday October 31 2014)
Lambert Out? Or Go Again? (Wednesday October 29 2014)
U21s Gain Wolves Victory (Wednesday October 29 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||29|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|15. Aston Villa||9||3||1||5||-10||10|
|16. Crystal Palace||9||2||3||4||-3||9|
|17. Leicester City||9||2||3||4||-4||9|
|Line Ups & Updates: Everton vs Swansea City
» Swansea : 01/11/2014 13:36:00
|Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur.
» Spurs : 01/11/2014 12:53:00
|Liverpool: Newcastle vs. LFC Team News
» Liverpool : 01/11/2014 11:49:00
|Match Day Moments - QPR (h)
» Chelsea : 01/11/2014 09:24:00
|Lawro v Mystic Mug - Villa v Spurs
» Aston Villa : 01/11/2014 08:44:00