Ok, the ugly truth from this season:
* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.
* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).
* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).
* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.
* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.
* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).
* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).
This season records:
* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.
* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.
* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).
* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.
* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.
Alex McLeish says: "I haven`t become a bad manager over-night".
Nope, you`ve perfected that over many seasons Eck, now please go and leave our beloved Club alone.
With thanks to John Lerwill, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would do this as I get nervous with stats, I don`t like getting things wrong! He`s obliged: http://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/astonvilla/
Manager Tim Sherwood has spoken of his disappointment - and shouldered the blame - for today's one nil loss to Stoke City.
All the stats from Aston Villa (0) vs (1) Stoke, Villa Park, 3/10/15 Att: 33,189
Statistics, damn lies and Aston Villa..
Bit of a mix and match today from manager Tim Sherwood's pre Stoke press conference.
|1.||Pride of Lions||198|