Writer: John Lerwill
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Ok, the ugly truth from this season:
* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.
* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).
* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).
* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.
* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.
* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).
* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).
This season records:
* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.
* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.
* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).
* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.
* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.
Alex McLeish says: "I haven`t become a bad manager over-night".
Nope, you`ve perfected that over many seasons Eck, now please go and leave our beloved Club alone.
With thanks to John Lerwill, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would do this as I get nervous with stats, I don`t like getting things wrong! He`s obliged: http://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/astonvilla/
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Something For The Weekend (466) (Friday September 19 2014)
Lambert - We Have To Build On This (Friday September 19 2014)
Loan Spell Will Do Robinson Good (Friday September 19 2014)
Lawro Tips Arsenal For Victory (Friday September 19 2014)
Lambert - Ron Remains A Doubt (Thursday September 18 2014)
Guzan - Villa Park Will Be Rocking (Thursday September 18 2014)
Lambert Speaks Following Contract Extension (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Paul Lambert Extends Villa Stay (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Robinson Loaned To Preston (Tuesday September 16 2014)
Hutton - I Want To Take This Opportunity (Tuesday September 16 2014)
|2.||Pride of Lions||507|
|5.||Villan Of The North||218|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Hull City|
|2. Aston Villa||4||3||1||0||+3||10|
|5. Man City||4||2||1||1||+3||7|
|Team News: Everton v Crystal Palace
» Crystal Palace : 19/09/2014 16:42:00
|Boruc Leaves On Loan
» Southampton : 19/09/2014 16:34:00
|Team News: Newcastle v Hull
» Hull City : 19/09/2014 16:32:00
|Something For The Weekend (466)
» Aston Villa : 19/09/2014 16:26:00
|Pellegrini - We Have To Perform
» Man City : 19/09/2014 16:22:00