Writer: John Lerwill
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
Ok, the ugly truth from this season:
* Joint lowest club position in the Premier League (5th from bottom), in common with 1994-95, 2002-03 and 2005-06.
* The lowest number of club goals ever in top-flight football (37) i.e. since 1888 - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* The lowest number of club wins in top-level League football (7) since 1986-87 (8, relegation year).
* The lowest number of club wins in the Premier League (7) - the last worst was 2005-06 (10).
* The lowest club points tally since the relegation season of 1986-87 (25 years), when they finished with 36 points.
* The lowest club number of points in the Premier League (38) - the last worst was 2005-06 (42).
* Equal highest club number of home defeats in the Premier League (8) - the last was in 1993-94.
* The least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football apart from 1890-91 when 5 were won at home, but only 11 home games were played then (vs 19 now). Only 2 games were lost at home in 1890-91 (vs 8 in 2011-12).
* It (four) is the least number of club home wins ever in top-flight football at Villa Park (i.e. since 1897).
This season records:
* One home win since November 5th (13 home matches) - and that one win a scraped 90th min. goal.
* Villa finished this season with ten league games without a win (D5, L5) and scored just twice in their last six matches. W 2 D 9 L 8 since the start of the 2012 year.
* Villa have drawn 17 Premier League matches this season, equalling the most ever in a 38-match season, with Newcastle United (2003-04) and Villa themselves (2006-07).
* Villa have failed to win all eight Premier League matches they have played on a Sunday this season.
* Villa have lost 22 points from winning positions this season - more than any other club in the division.
Alex McLeish says: "I haven`t become a bad manager over-night".
Nope, you`ve perfected that over many seasons Eck, now please go and leave our beloved Club alone.
With thanks to John Lerwill, I asked him a few weeks ago if he would do this as I get nervous with stats, I don`t like getting things wrong! He`s obliged: http://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/astonvilla/
Date:Sunday May 13 2012
The 'Justice for Jeff` Campaign (Sunday March 1 2015)
Pre West Brom Injury News (Sunday March 1 2015)
Sherwood - Newcastle Frustration & Positives (Sunday March 1 2015)
Audio - Results Are All That Matter (Sunday March 1 2015)
Good Positive Post Match Interview From Sherwood (Saturday February 28 2015)
Stats: Newcastle v Aston Villa (Saturday February 28 2015)
Aston Villa Line Up Away v Newcastle United (Saturday February 28 2015)
Something For The Weekend (484) (Friday February 27 2015)
Mystic Mug v Lawro - Newcastle Utd v Aston Villa (Friday February 27 2015)
Aston Villa Injury Table ... And Our Oppo (Friday February 27 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||56|
|10.||Villan Of The North||11|
|Hull City||2||-||0||Aston Villa|
|15. Hull City||27||6||8||13||-11||26|
|19. Aston Villa||27||5||7||15||-24||22|
|20. Leicester City||26||4||6||16||-18||18|
|Did you really think Spurs could win?
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 22:07:00
|Audio - Pellegrini On Liverpool Defeat
» Man City : 01/03/2015 19:39:00
|Fabregas` Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:33:00
|Mourinho`s Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:14:00
|Cahill`s Thoughts on Wembley Cup Win
» Chelsea : 01/03/2015 19:07:00