UK time is: 18:07:50
Vital Login
Social Login

Choose your club

Other Sites

Network Navigation

Vital Partners

'If It's Football, It's Vital'

Villa Shares Being Bought Up = NO Takeover

Every man and his dog has an ITK who says there is a takeover happening.

Even press and some players believe it to be true.

Put simply, it isn't true.

Not saying that bids are impossible, the hard work that the Club have put into off field infrastructure must make Villa attractive to the many (sic) oil rich quadzillionaires out there, over and above the likes of Spurs and Everton, we have the ground sorted (they need new grounds) and training facilities up there with the best in the world (I don't know about Spurs facilities but Everton don't own a training ground, I believe ... Toffee's correct me if I'm wrong but be gentle, I have a delicate ego!... lease their facilities)

However, if anyone is currently waiting for a February / March deal, I think you'll be waiting a lot longer or be disappointed.

There seems to be an 'ITK' doing the rounds at the moment, you can see we have our own thread on it:



However, IF the Qatar Group WAS negotiating, why would they be leaking it? It could lead to a bidding war, it makes no sense.

So... the share situation, explained to me nice and simply is: Click Here

Randy owns 100% of the Club. Once acceptances were received for 95% of the equity at the time of the original offer (so back in 2006) the remaining 5% (or less if more than 95% accepted the offer of course) are 'disenfranchised', although they are entitled for the next 12 years to still receive the offer price for their shares. So, in effect, the share still has a residual value purely linked to it's value at the time of the takeover, but it isn't an active share of anything...ie isn't any longer a share of the Club, as Randy has 100%.

Capita will write on a regular basis to see if people still holding shares now want to cash them in as they are required by the regulators to do that, and they are holding money in account to make payment on any unclaimed shares. I believe that after 12 years, so in 2018, any unclaimed monies are paid to the Government, in line with FSA requirements. So, their letter isn't about still selling the shares, but rather claiming money linked to the value of the shares held previously, which the holder is entitled to.

Latest figures show that only around 2% of the total value of the takeover is still unclaimed (rather than the 4%'sh per below), and Capita have processed a steady 10-15 new claims every quarter for the past few years. I would imagine that most of the remainder is linked to people who may have passed away or moved addresses since 2006.


This is not passing comment on whether there should or should not be a takeover at all. It is simply trying to quash a rumour that isn't true!

Many will read between the lines and conclude that by Jan 1st there will be 5billion to spend on transfers and we'll all be sitting on gold plated seats though!

Put simply, maybe one day someone will bid and Randy will look and decide whether to accept or not. At present there have been no approaches and no bids.




Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

The Journalist

Writer: J P Fear Mail feedback, articles or suggestions

Date:Thursday December 22 2011

Time: 12:06PM

 

Have Your Say

Log in...
with your social network     OR     with your Vital account

Recent Aston Villa Articles

Stats: Arsenal v Aston Villa (Sunday February 1 2015)

2021 (Friday January 30 2015)

Something For The Weekend (480) (Friday January 30 2015)

Drennan Departs Aston Villa (Friday January 30 2015)

Grealish, Alli, Arsenal & Chelsea (Friday January 30 2015)

Sinclair Signs Season Long Loan Deal (Friday January 30 2015)

Archived Aston Villa Articles

List All Vital Villa Articles
Have your say
Click here to suggest an article
Click here to suggest a poll

Vital Members League (view all)

League Results (view all)

League Table (view table)

Team P W D L GD Pts
13. Crystal Palace 23 5 8 10 -9 23
14. Sunderland 23 4 11 8 -12 23
15. WBA 23 5 7 11 -12 22
16. Aston Villa 23 5 7 11 -19 22
17. Burnley 23 4 8 11 -17 20
18. Hull City 23 4 7 12 -13 19
19. Q.P.R. 23 5 4 14 -18 19

Breaking League News

Fewest Goals, Worst Goal Difference, We'll Be Fine
Aston Villa : 01/02/2015 18:05:00
No Smoke Without Fire For Santon
Newcastle : 01/02/2015 17:59:00
Southampton : 01/02/2015 17:59:00
Stagnant NUFC Almost There
Newcastle : 01/02/2015 17:33:00
Salah Heading to Fiorentina
Chelsea : 01/02/2015 16:11:00

Current Site Poll (view all polls)

Arsenal (cough) MotM
Suggested By:  MF - We Go Again
Guzan 8%
Hutton 3%
Okore 0%
Clark 7%
Richardson 0%
Cleverley 0%
Delph 3%
Sanchez 0%
Gil 76%
Benteke 0%
Weimann 0%
Sub - Agbonlahor 0%
Sub - Sinclair 0%
Sub - Westwood 3%