An Interview With A Stoke Fan
1) so early days, how is the season looking so far and are you confident?
We lost poorly at Wolves on the opening day and then were denied a point against Spurs and, as expected, failed to pick up anything at Stamford Bridge (but played well), but fans now seem upbeat since we signed Gudjohnsen and Pennant at the end of August. Pick up a point or three against you and we'll be rolling - lose and some gloom may set in.
2) What would be success for Stoke this year?
Mid table again
3) How are your new signings shaping up and what do you make of Kenwyne Jones so far? Bit expensive wasn't he?!
Jones is known to lack reliability, but with Gudjohnsen, Walters and Pennant (along with Fuller) at least we've got some options up front where we had none last season
4) Tony Pulis still the man for Stoke?
5) Great noise last season at home, I seem to remember you topping the fan leagues for noise, did the team reciprocate with a good home record?
Home form dipped at bit last season but our away form was much better - the trick this time around is to get the home form back to what it was during our first season and keep our away form going.
6) Any opinions on Villa (that are polite!) and Gerard Houllier as our new boss?!
He's been out of the English game for some years so it'll be interesting to see how quickly he settles back in - but he's still a good manager. I'm more interested to see how you take to him if he doesn't get results quickly.
7) If you could have one of our players who would it be and why.
When it became clear that Stephen Ireland could be leaving Eastlands, I hoped we might be able to tempt him to the Brit. He's a good all rounder, but I have to admit he's probably made a good choice to opt for Villa.
8) Right... come on then... prediction time please.
2-2. Jon Walters gives us a first half lead before two quick goals from Villa, but we snatch a point at the death from the head of Kenwyne Jones.
with thanks to Chris Baldwin from Vital Stoke