An Interview With A Man City Fan
We've done an interview with Scragg from Vital Man City ..... which is nice..!
1) Interesting times for Manchester City fans. Was the Mark Hughes dismissal not a bit premature though?
At the time yes, I thought the decision had not been thought through properly and it was a rash choice. However, on reflection I now think that it was the right decision because Mancini has improved the team as we have conceded fewer goals. Mancini is often accused of negative tactics and "Italian thinking" but more than often he`s correct with his tactics. The only thing that concerns me about Bobby Manc is the news that he`s disillusioned the likes of Tevez and Bellamy; our best two best players this campaign.
2) The money that the City owners will throw into the game will buy you the league but also ruin it in my opinion. What did you think when Chelsea started throwing around the obscene fortunes they did to start with and in relation to that, how comfortably does it sit with the rank and file fans at Man City that you'll now spend even more distorting this mad league even further?
Well, when the Chelsea super volcano erupted and showed everyone that they meant business I was jealous because of the financial situation that City were in at time. However, I was relieved to see someone else come along and attempt to throw the others off the top. As for MCFC, I really couldn`t believe it when we were taken over by ADUG, I was elated to say the least. But the accusation of "throwing money into the game" is false in my opinion. The Rags have been doing it for years and so have Spurs. I think we`re refreshing but I am biased!
3) Who from Villa would you like to see City buy the most this summer? Both Ashley Young and James Milner have been linked.
James Milner, he has been sensational for you guys this season. He works non-stop and his oozes quality whilst getting about his business very quietly.
4) How has Gareth Barry been for you since his arrival from Villa?
Barry started like a house on fire, commanding the midfield as we all expected him to and spraying passes here there and everywhere. But as the weather cooled so did Barry, he was below average over the winter months; looking laboured and slow (I think he was carrying a groin injury for some time though). He was over-awed by the occasion at Villa Park and at St Andrew`s. However, he`s been fantastic of late and is starting to play as the seasoned international that we know he is. Barry like Milner gets about his business very quietly but Milner is a much more offensive player with an eye for a pass, something Garry Barry lacks.
5) How long will Mancini get in the hot seat or do you think some of the press are right that he will go in the summer? If he goes, who do you want in?
I think Mancini will stay, the way he has spoken to the press in the last couple of days indicates the man is here to stay. For example, if he was on his way he would avoid the whole Tevez thing but instead he decided to tackle it face-on and told him that if he doesn`t like it at Eastlands, we can send him on his merry way. Obviously, I don`t want Tevez to leave; he`s a world class player that has proved how good he really is this season. Finally, I don`t think Mancini could leave anyway. Who`s going to replace him? Mourinho? You`re having a laugh.
6) What do you think of Villa and MON?
Personally, I don`t really mind Villa. Some of the football you play is pretty boring but on the whole I don`t mind you lot. You`re fans are good too. As for Mr O`Neill. I think he is a quality manager and if he was to leave because of a lack of funds from Mr Lerner then I think you could open the door to a mid-table finish. If O`Neill leaves, Milner will follow his lead.
7) Who do you see as the main threat in the Villa team?
The main threat has to be Milner breaking from midfield. Gareth Barry is out with a strain which will probably see us opt for a midfield of de Jong and Vieira which is painfully slow. But you`ve then got the raw pace of Agbonlahor who can skin any defender so we`ll have to keep close tabs on those two.
8) Should be a top game this weekend, talk about a six pointer! This is another cup final really... well, sort of. Ok, not at all! What is your prediction is what I'm trying to ask!
It really pains me to say this but I think that all of the pressure surrounding the fixture will result in a scoring draw. I`d love to be proved wrong but I`m not sure. Hopefully we`ll rise to the occasion.
With thanks to Scragg ....
My interview on Vital Man City: www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.