Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday March 12 2010
1) So how is the general feeling at Stoke, good season so far?
We're rolling along very nicely and happily ignoring anything anyone else says about our style of football!
2) I would imagine everyone is happy with Tony Pulis as boss? What did you make of the James Beattie fall out and were you surprised no one bought him in January?
There has always been an element that hasn't liked his style of play but, not surprisingly, they're keeping very quiet at the moment as you can't fault his results which is what everyone will ultimately judge him on. The shower incident has certainly ended Beatt's career at Stoke as far as the manager is concerned. He was lined up to go to Fulham in Jan, but he wanted more cash than he was on at Stoke!
3) What is the maximum you could expect from Stoke, Premiership safety, top ten or are the ambitions up for Europe?
We're just happy that we've almost stopped looking over our shoulder at the relegation zone. A win against Villa and we're as good as safe - if we're not already. I wouldn't want us to get into Europe this season - just to beat last season's 45 points will be success enough for now.
4) Who in your team should Villa fear the most?
Hard to say as many are either injured or suspended. Fuller, Tuncay and Delap are the obvious ones but Fuller and Delap may not be fit.
5) Who do you fear most in the Villa side?
We don't fear anyone when we're at the Brit. Bring 'em on!
6) If you could choose one of our players for the Potteries, who would it be and why?
We can always find a small corner for a decent striker like Agbonlahor
7) What is your opinion on Aston Villa and Martin O'Neill? Is this going to be yet another season when the Villa failed to live up to their potential?
You've been threatening to break into the top four since O'Neill joined but never quite got there and this season looks like a repeat performance. Still, you've got some games in hand, you were unlucky not to get more out of the CC Final and you're still in the FA Cup, so the season's not over yet.
8) What is up with your away form with just 1 win?
I think you'll find it's 2 away wins and that's more than 6 other teams. We've more away draws (7) than anyone else in the league and we've only had 5 defeats on our travels. All in all, a far better away performance than last season.
9) Go on then, lets have your prediction, last time at Villa Park it was 1-0 to Villa, you predicting a reverse this time?
Absolutely! But I'll give you a goal: 2-1 to the mighty Potters.
With thanks to Chris at www.stoke.vitalfootball.co.uk
Date:Friday March 12 2010
Deadline Day Tomorrow (Monday August 31 2015)
Aston Villa v Sunderland Player Ratings (Sunday August 30 2015)
Something For The Weekend (500) (Sunday August 30 2015)
Sherwood Gives Sunderland Thoughts (Saturday August 29 2015)
Audio - Sherwood On Sunderland Draw (Saturday August 29 2015)
Stats: Aston Villa v Sunderland (Saturday August 29 2015)
Aston Villa v Sunderland - Team Sheets (Saturday August 29 2015)
Pre Sunderland Injury Update (Friday August 28 2015)
The Aston Villa Injury Table Updated (Friday August 28 2015)
Mystic Mug v Lawro - Aston Villa v Sunderland (Friday August 28 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||1267|
|Crystal Palace||2||-||1||Aston Villa|
|Aston Villa||0||-||1||Man Utd|
|AFC Bournemouth||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|11. AFC Bournemouth||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|12. Aston Villa||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|Quartet Make Hodgson`s England Squad
» Man Utd : 31/08/2015 09:42:00
|Deadline Day Tomorrow - West Ham
» West Ham : 31/08/2015 09:33:01
|What No Mark Noble?
» West Ham : 31/08/2015 09:23:00
|Deadline Day Tomorrow
» Norwich : 31/08/2015 08:08:00
|Norwich Bid For Danish Defender
» Norwich : 31/08/2015 07:49:00