An Interview With A West Ham Fan
1) So, how are the pink and blues getting on so far this season (sorry, that is just to annoy my West Ham mate!)? Saw the Arsenal comeback but apart from that, I've not really seen much of the Hammers this year.
We’ve been struggling! One win all season and that at Wolves on the opening day. But, it has to be said, we’ve been playing better in recent weeks. We could have taken all three points against Arsenal if Scott Parker hadn’t have harshly received a red card and up at Sunderland, we were on fire until we took the foot off the pedal at half time. It’s probably fair to say though we riled Sunderland when Kovacs over-reacted to a push in the face from Kenwyne Jones, it sort of fired the home side up! Let’s just say I’m quietly optimistic about Wednesday night!
2) What are your expectations for the season and will Zola be able to build you into a top 6 club without the massive funding seemingly required?
Gianfranco is on a hiding to nothing! The debts are mounting up and unless an investor / consortium comes in then we’ll probably have another fire sale, in January. Already the grapevine is suggesting that Matthew Upson will be sold to provide funds to purchase a couple of players. Given the chance though, I reckon Gianfranco has what it takes to succeed.
3) If you could have one of our players who would it be and why?
Picking just one, one that could have an immediate effect I’d go for Gabriel Agbonlahor, his pace is awesome and he can finish. Mind you saying that he’d probably get injured in his first few minutes in a Hammers shirt, it seems to be a common trait when anyone joins us!
4) Do you fancy Marlon Harewood and Nigel Reo-Coker back..!!!!!!!!!!!?
I’ll refrain from using some abusive language, let’s just say we’re trying to improve our side not make it worse! I’ve been watching Marlon up at St James Park and he seems well out of sorts (still)!
5) Who should Villa fear on Wednesday night?
Carlton Cole is finally showing his true potential, he’s leading the line well and getting his fair share of goals. But, beware of a little tiger in our midfield in the shape of Jack Collison, this lad is going places.
6) Where do you expect to finish in the league this season and who do you think will a) win it b) go down?
They’re traumatic times; we’re in a financial mess so anything apart from relegation will bring back a smile to my face. They keep saying we’re too good to go down but I recall similar things being said about Nottingham Forest when Brian Clough was in charge.
As for who will win it! I reckon that lot across London have as good a chance as anybody, they’re the only big four side that haven’t weakened their squad, United sold Ronaldo and Tevez, Liverpool sold Alonso, Arsenal sold Adebayor, and City are living in a dream if they think they’ve got a chance! As for going down, Hull look doomed, Burnley will get found out and the third place could see a big surprise – Bolton anyone?
7) Any opinions on Villa and Martin O'Neill... be polite?!
After Randy Lerner took over I thought Martin O’Neill would be splashing the cash and that some real big names would be signed but it hasn’t happened. I can’t help feeling O’Neill is operating his Leicester City theory, a theory that seems him reluctant to sign big name players, almost as if he’s afraid of how to handle them!
8) Prediction if you would be so kind sir.
Fortune favours the brave and all that……………2-0 to West Ham!
My interview on Vital West Ham: Click Here
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.