Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday October 23 2009
We've got a Brucey bonus, following our interview with Akela from Vital Wolves, we now have reporter Steve Wollaston, a life long Wolves fan, also doing our Vital Villa interview.
1) So how are you finding your first season in the Premiership then?! What is the best and the worst of this league do you think?
This is actually our 2nd season in the Premiership! You get punished for mistakes every time and you get very few chances which you must take. We haven't!
2) Survival the only thing that matters this season or can you aim slightly higher?
There is no other aim for us than finishing one above the relegation places. Anything else a bonus.
3) Mick McCarthy, right man for the job or not? I've heard a few groans from Wolves fans over the years but he has got you to the 'holy land' hasn't he? He is a miserable sod mind you!
Mick has learnt from his mistakes from his Sunderland period. hence the long-ball counter attacking football rather than the tippy tappy nonsense that got the Baggies relegated.
4) Any polite (or other) opinions on Villa? Don't think we've ever had major issues between fans/clubs really, what say you!?
I actually really like Villa. I do think there has been a tendency to underspend and a bit of a lack of ambition to clinch big name signings.
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Ashley Young - pure class.
6) Who do Villa need to look out for on Saturday?
Michael Kightly is due a good game and regardless of what people say about the quality of promoted teams this guy is England class.
7) 12:45pm. What a stupid kick off time, don't you just crave 90% of games going back to 3pm on a Saturday or am I just an old miserable git (bit like your manager!?)
yep - bring back standing on the concrete terraces with urine trickling past your feet. 3pm Saturday is football time. Every game in the country kicking off at the same time. The world seemed to stop. Money men have destroyed the game.
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction for the weekend and if it was offered right here, right now (good song that by the way!) a draw, would you take it?
2-1 Wolves. Is it time to wake up yet?
With thanks to Steve Wollaston, a top bloke apart from between 12:45pm and 2:30pm tomorrow... then he'll be the enemy!
Date:Friday October 23 2009
Dwight Yorke Loves Villa & Wants To Manage Us! (Thursday December 12 2013)
AVFC FA Cup v Sheffield United Ticket News (Thursday December 12 2013)
FA Cup Third Round Tie Set (Wednesday December 11 2013)
Vital Villa's Man Of The Match v Fulham (Wednesday December 11 2013)
U18s Through To The Fourth Round (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Four Games Until The Halfway Point For Villa... (Tuesday December 10 2013)
The Villa Times - 10/12/2013 (Tuesday December 10 2013)
VMF Newsletter For December (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Villa Away To Newcastle United Time Change For Sky (Tuesday December 10 2013)
Aston Villa Linked To Two In Jan Transfer Gossip (Tuesday December 10 2013)
|4.||Pride of Lions||178|
|West Ham||0||-||0||Aston Villa|
|9. Man Utd||15||6||4||5||3||22|
|11. Aston Villa||15||5||4||6||-2||19|
|12. Hull City||15||5||3||7||-6||18|
|Preview: Stoke travel to Hull
» Stoke : 13/12/2013 01:17:00
|Laudrup: Qualification Is Most Important
» Swansea : 12/12/2013 21:54:00
|Liverpool: Rodgers Makes Personal Check On Draxler
» Liverpool : 12/12/2013 20:30:00
|The Citizens versus The Gunners
» Man City : 12/12/2013 20:28:00
|Bassong Signs New Deal
» Norwich : 12/12/2013 19:03:00
» Chelsea : 12/12/2013 17:39:00
|Hammers Cup Tie on the TV - Live!
» West Ham : 12/12/2013 16:42:00