Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday October 23 2009
We've got a Brucey bonus, following our interview with Akela from Vital Wolves, we now have reporter Steve Wollaston, a life long Wolves fan, also doing our Vital Villa interview.
1) So how are you finding your first season in the Premiership then?! What is the best and the worst of this league do you think?
This is actually our 2nd season in the Premiership! You get punished for mistakes every time and you get very few chances which you must take. We haven't!
2) Survival the only thing that matters this season or can you aim slightly higher?
There is no other aim for us than finishing one above the relegation places. Anything else a bonus.
3) Mick McCarthy, right man for the job or not? I've heard a few groans from Wolves fans over the years but he has got you to the 'holy land' hasn't he? He is a miserable sod mind you!
Mick has learnt from his mistakes from his Sunderland period. hence the long-ball counter attacking football rather than the tippy tappy nonsense that got the Baggies relegated.
4) Any polite (or other) opinions on Villa? Don't think we've ever had major issues between fans/clubs really, what say you!?
I actually really like Villa. I do think there has been a tendency to underspend and a bit of a lack of ambition to clinch big name signings.
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Ashley Young - pure class.
6) Who do Villa need to look out for on Saturday?
Michael Kightly is due a good game and regardless of what people say about the quality of promoted teams this guy is England class.
7) 12:45pm. What a stupid kick off time, don't you just crave 90% of games going back to 3pm on a Saturday or am I just an old miserable git (bit like your manager!?)
yep - bring back standing on the concrete terraces with urine trickling past your feet. 3pm Saturday is football time. Every game in the country kicking off at the same time. The world seemed to stop. Money men have destroyed the game.
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction for the weekend and if it was offered right here, right now (good song that by the way!) a draw, would you take it?
2-1 Wolves. Is it time to wake up yet?
With thanks to Steve Wollaston, a top bloke apart from between 12:45pm and 2:30pm tomorrow... then he'll be the enemy!
Date:Friday October 23 2009
Villa XI To Visit Swindon (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Vital Villa Interviews 2014 - Starchild65 (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Chesterfield v Villa Screened Live (Wednesday July 30 2014)
Vital Villa Interviews 2014 - crimsondonkey (Monday July 28 2014)
Lambert Thrilled With US Tour (Sunday July 27 2014)
Houston 0-1 Aston Villa (Sunday July 27 2014)
Lambert On Cole Omission, & Zoggy Praise (Thursday July 24 2014)
Lambert - We Were Excellent (Thursday July 24 2014)
FC Dallas 0-2 Aston Villa (Thursday July 24 2014)
I Delphinetly Want A New Deal But Luna's Off (Wednesday July 23 2014)
|3.||Pride of Lions||513|
|6.||Villan Of The North||265|
|2. Aston Villa||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|7. Hull City||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|Lukaku is a massive coup for Everton
» Everton : 31/07/2014 13:00:00
|The One's Sunderland Are Not Interested In.
» Sunderland : 31/07/2014 12:02:00
|Significant day in the history of Everton
» Everton : 31/07/2014 12:00:00
|Vergini Move Draws Closer
» Sunderland : 31/07/2014 11:46:00
|Collison on Trial at Loftus Road!
» West Ham : 31/07/2014 11:34:00