Writer: J P Fear
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Our interview with Akela from Vital Wolves
1) So how are you finding your first season in the Premiership then?! What is the best and the worst of this league do you think?
The proverbial rollercoaster! One week we are up and expecting to kick on, the next we are down and seemingly going round and round with no end in sight!
Fine example being the result against Everton, didn't expect anything from the game and ended up being disappointed not to win, when on paper a draw was a great result for us.
2) Survival the only thing that matters this season or can you aim slightly higher?
Well a decent cup run would be nice, but yes, staying in the Premier League come the end of the season is the only thing worth worrying about.
3) Mick McCarthy, right man for the job or not? I've heard a few groans from Wolves fans over the years but he has got you to the 'holy land' hasn't he? He is a miserable sod mind you!
He isn't miserable, he is just misunderstood!.erm I`m still relatively happy with him, he has built a squad not only for this season but for the future. I did want more experience brought in over the summer, but Mick didn't really go for that and instead has spent big on potentially some good players. But as yet the new signings other than Doyle and maybe Halford are yet to come good.
But he will always be judged on whether we stay up or not.
4) Any polite (or other) opinions on Villa? Don't think we've ever had major issues between fans/clubs really, what say you!?
No you lot generally concentrate on Birmingham and we concentrate on West Brom. With the Baggies getting relegated last season (shame!) our attention does revert more to you and especially the Blues as they`ll be down there with us.
I do like to take pot shots at you Villa lot though, you tend to get very tetchy very easily!
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Richard Dunne, wanted him in the summer and would gladly take him now!
6) Who do Villa need to look out for on Saturday?
I`ve kept saying it all season and eventually I`ll be right! Ebanks-Blake I tipped him for 20+ goals this season, so he better get his scoring boots on soon!
7) 12:45pm. What a stupid kick off time, don't you just crave 90% of games going back to 3pm on a Saturday or am I just an old miserable git (bit like your manager!?)
I`m with you 100% old farts together huh!
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction for the weekend and if it was offered right here, right now (good song that by the way!) a draw, would you take it?
I'm trying to avoid score predictions, mainly because I`m no good at it and beginning to fear I`'m a jinx! But yes if it was offered I`d take a draw quite happily!
Young Jonah's interview on Vital Wolves: www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Delph Out Until The New Year (Saturday October 25 2014)
Lambert Looking For QPR Response (Friday October 24 2014)
QPR Injury Update (Friday October 24 2014)
The Villa Times - 24/10/2014 (Friday October 24 2014)
Lawro In Villa Win Shocker - Mystic In Depression (Friday October 24 2014)
Which Kick Off Time Is Hated The Most? (Friday October 24 2014)
Lambert - Time To Change Our Focus (Thursday October 23 2014)
Vlaar Wants A Return To Winning Ways (Thursday October 23 2014)
Drennan Returns - So Time For A Round Up (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Okore Not Ready For Premiership Action (Tuesday October 21 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||744|
|8.||Villan Of The North||159|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Hull City|
|13. Aston Villa||8||3||1||4||-8||10|
|15. Leicester City||8||2||3||3||-2||9|
|16. Crystal Palace||9||2||3||4||-3||9|
|Pick Of The Bunch!
» West Ham : 25/10/2014 20:32:00
|Warnock Fumes Following Speroni Assault
» Crystal Palace : 25/10/2014 20:13:00
» Leicester City : 25/10/2014 19:34:00
» Sunderland : 25/10/2014 17:31:00
» Crystal Palace : 25/10/2014 17:06:00