Writer: J P Fear
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Our interview with Akela from Vital Wolves
1) So how are you finding your first season in the Premiership then?! What is the best and the worst of this league do you think?
The proverbial rollercoaster! One week we are up and expecting to kick on, the next we are down and seemingly going round and round with no end in sight!
Fine example being the result against Everton, didn't expect anything from the game and ended up being disappointed not to win, when on paper a draw was a great result for us.
2) Survival the only thing that matters this season or can you aim slightly higher?
Well a decent cup run would be nice, but yes, staying in the Premier League come the end of the season is the only thing worth worrying about.
3) Mick McCarthy, right man for the job or not? I've heard a few groans from Wolves fans over the years but he has got you to the 'holy land' hasn't he? He is a miserable sod mind you!
He isn't miserable, he is just misunderstood!.erm I`m still relatively happy with him, he has built a squad not only for this season but for the future. I did want more experience brought in over the summer, but Mick didn't really go for that and instead has spent big on potentially some good players. But as yet the new signings other than Doyle and maybe Halford are yet to come good.
But he will always be judged on whether we stay up or not.
4) Any polite (or other) opinions on Villa? Don't think we've ever had major issues between fans/clubs really, what say you!?
No you lot generally concentrate on Birmingham and we concentrate on West Brom. With the Baggies getting relegated last season (shame!) our attention does revert more to you and especially the Blues as they`ll be down there with us.
I do like to take pot shots at you Villa lot though, you tend to get very tetchy very easily!
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Richard Dunne, wanted him in the summer and would gladly take him now!
6) Who do Villa need to look out for on Saturday?
I`ve kept saying it all season and eventually I`ll be right! Ebanks-Blake I tipped him for 20+ goals this season, so he better get his scoring boots on soon!
7) 12:45pm. What a stupid kick off time, don't you just crave 90% of games going back to 3pm on a Saturday or am I just an old miserable git (bit like your manager!?)
I`m with you 100% old farts together huh!
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction for the weekend and if it was offered right here, right now (good song that by the way!) a draw, would you take it?
I'm trying to avoid score predictions, mainly because I`m no good at it and beginning to fear I`'m a jinx! But yes if it was offered I`d take a draw quite happily!
Young Jonah's interview on Vital Wolves: www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Another Big Signing Due In For AVFC? Transfer News (Tuesday July 28 2015)
Mud Slide Tim & The Claret & Blue Horizon (Tuesday July 28 2015)
Adebayor Interest Stepped Up? (Monday July 27 2015)
Sherwood & Ayew Speak (Monday July 27 2015)
Audio - Wilkins Reveals Adebayor Interest (Monday July 27 2015)
Gotcha! Ayew Officially A Villa Player (Monday July 27 2015)
Spanish Full-Back Incoming For Aston Villa? (Monday July 27 2015)
Join The Vital Villa Fantasy League 2015/16 (Monday July 27 2015)
AVFC: Some Stats To Make You Think!? (Monday July 27 2015)
Shock Horror - Striker Pushing To JOIN Aston Villa (Saturday July 25 2015)
|2.||Pride of Lions||1394|
|1. AFC Bournemouth||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|3. Aston Villa||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|7. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|Hull's James Chester Incoming?
» WBA : 28/07/2015 15:40:01
|Hammers Sign Arsenal Youngster
» West Ham : 28/07/2015 13:02:00
|Jose Talks Unpredictability
» Chelsea : 28/07/2015 12:57:01
|Di Maria Was Always a Risky Buy!
» Man Utd : 28/07/2015 12:54:01
|Pedro - Coming or Staying
» Man Utd : 28/07/2015 12:53:00