Writer: J P Fear
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Our interview with Akela from Vital Wolves
1) So how are you finding your first season in the Premiership then?! What is the best and the worst of this league do you think?
The proverbial rollercoaster! One week we are up and expecting to kick on, the next we are down and seemingly going round and round with no end in sight!
Fine example being the result against Everton, didn't expect anything from the game and ended up being disappointed not to win, when on paper a draw was a great result for us.
2) Survival the only thing that matters this season or can you aim slightly higher?
Well a decent cup run would be nice, but yes, staying in the Premier League come the end of the season is the only thing worth worrying about.
3) Mick McCarthy, right man for the job or not? I've heard a few groans from Wolves fans over the years but he has got you to the 'holy land' hasn't he? He is a miserable sod mind you!
He isn't miserable, he is just misunderstood!.erm I`m still relatively happy with him, he has built a squad not only for this season but for the future. I did want more experience brought in over the summer, but Mick didn't really go for that and instead has spent big on potentially some good players. But as yet the new signings other than Doyle and maybe Halford are yet to come good.
But he will always be judged on whether we stay up or not.
4) Any polite (or other) opinions on Villa? Don't think we've ever had major issues between fans/clubs really, what say you!?
No you lot generally concentrate on Birmingham and we concentrate on West Brom. With the Baggies getting relegated last season (shame!) our attention does revert more to you and especially the Blues as they`ll be down there with us.
I do like to take pot shots at you Villa lot though, you tend to get very tetchy very easily!
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Richard Dunne, wanted him in the summer and would gladly take him now!
6) Who do Villa need to look out for on Saturday?
I`ve kept saying it all season and eventually I`ll be right! Ebanks-Blake I tipped him for 20+ goals this season, so he better get his scoring boots on soon!
7) 12:45pm. What a stupid kick off time, don't you just crave 90% of games going back to 3pm on a Saturday or am I just an old miserable git (bit like your manager!?)
I`m with you 100% old farts together huh!
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction for the weekend and if it was offered right here, right now (good song that by the way!) a draw, would you take it?
I'm trying to avoid score predictions, mainly because I`m no good at it and beginning to fear I`'m a jinx! But yes if it was offered I`d take a draw quite happily!
Young Jonah's interview on Vital Wolves: www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article
Date:Thursday October 22 2009
Vital Villa 2015/16 Fantasy League Standings (Wednesday September 2 2015)
Ilori Makes Move On Loan (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Bennett Gets Cherries Loan (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Lescott On Joining Boyhood Club (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Lescott, Bennett & Ilori (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Vital Villa Man Of The Match v Sunderland (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Lescott Seals Villa Move (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Lescott Shortly? (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Anderlecht Keeper Joins On (Tuesday September 1 2015)
One Transfer Completed By AVFC - Outward Loan (Tuesday September 1 2015)
|2.||Pride of Lions||115|
|Crystal Palace||2||-||1||Aston Villa|
|Aston Villa||0||-||1||Man Utd|
|AFC Bournemouth||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|11. AFC Bournemouth||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|12. Aston Villa||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|Match Analysis - Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United
» Swansea : 02/09/2015 21:14:00
|Afellay suspension shortened to two games
» Stoke : 02/09/2015 20:25:01
|The Yellow Bird Podcast
» Norwich : 02/09/2015 20:04:01
|Jarvis Joins Norwich
» West Ham : 02/09/2015 17:50:00
|Adebayor Didn`t Come
» West Ham : 02/09/2015 17:35:01