West Ham Fans Opinion On Collins 'Move'
A brief interview with Vital West Ham editor Saul:
1) So, we've apparently bid for your defender James Collins, you surprised by this and would you be unhappy to see him go?
Yes, and no. He has played well so far this season, but we have cover at centre-back (Upson, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Kovac and now da Costa) and need the cash to strengthen other areas of the team.
2) Straight choice between keeping Collins and Matthew Upson, which gets your vote!?
Upson, no question.
3) So if we get Collins, what sort of player will we be getting... and don't say a defender!!!
Very solid in the air, a strong no nonsense centre-half. Turning circle of a tractor though....
4) If he returned to Upton Park in the claret and blue as opposed to your famous pink and blue (!!!!) what sort of reception would he get?
A decent one.
5) What sort of season are you expecting for the Hammers and have you any thoughts on the Villa?!
We're doing okay, with a paper thin squad. We need one more striker in before deadline day. If everyone stays fit we'll do okay, 8th I would say, hopefully with a cup run.
Villa don't look as sharp as last season. Young looks very good again. Getting knocked out of Europe so early must have been a big disappointment, you were a bit unlucky there.