An Interview With A Fulham Fan
We've an interview with Andrew Joyce of Vital Fulham ahead of this weekends game:
1) So, mixed start, win v Pompey and loss to Chelsea, no different to what you'd have expected is it?
Only that the victory came away from home and the loss at home, in stark contrast to how we started last season. It took us something like 14 games to win away from home, although that is an improvement on the 17 of the season before. The performance at Portsmouth was solid but the display given against Chelsea was far from satisfactory.
2) What sort of season do you think you are in for and is Roy Hodgson the right man to guide you?
Roy is definitely the man to guide us, since taking over he’s revolutionised the club. We’re not starting each season fearful of the drop although it’ll be very difficult to match our finish last season what with the complication of the Europa League thrown into the melting pot.
3) What realistically are the ambitions of Fulham?
To finish in the top half of the table again! Possibly to go on a good run in one of the domestic cups, preferably the FA Cup and to, after taking so long to reach t, have a relatively good season in Europe.
4) A visit to Villa Park, what do you think of Villa and our manager? You confident of a win? If we play like we did v Wigan we'll struggle for sure but our battling win over Liverpool must give you cause for concern?
Villa, in my eyes, remain something of a conundrum. When Randy Lerner took over I seriously expected you to make that jump up to the next level but you seem to be stumbling, almost as if that next step is too great a one. Selling Gareth Barry also raised a few eyebrows. As for being confident of winning, all I’ll say is that our away record, in the Premier League, is enough to give most of us nightmares although you’re only as good as your last away game are you not? As for beating Liverpool, did you get lucky?
5) Who should Villa be wary of in your team?
Sadly I was going to say Danny Murphy. He sits nicely in the midfield, pulling the strings, slipping the passes through and making us tick. But, he’s injured so any hopes we have diminish if he doesn’t pull off a miraculous recovery. Therefore, I’ll go with Bobby Zamora, he’s started the season well and we’re hoping his rich vein of form will continue on Sunday.
6) If you could have one player from Villa, who would it be and why?
Ashley Young – Then we could flog him for a fortune and buy three or four good players to bolster our squad.
7) Grapes... red or white...? Sorry, I was running out of questions.
Urgh! Hate wine with a vengeance. I should have been born in Somerset, I’m a cider drinker! Long live the apple!
8) What is your prediction for Sunday?
I’ll be happy, considering we’re, at the time of writing, returning from a European trip to the Urals, for a draw, 0-0 just like so many of our trips on the road last season – keep it tight lads!
With thanks to Andrew Joyce from Vital Fulham: www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk
Sheriff Kimbo has done their interview with us: Click Here