Our poll asked what you thought of the signing Emile will be.
51% voted he is a good short term move.
19% thought Heskey to be an average signing but still had full faith in MON with 1% voting average signing and losing faith in MON.
16% thought the signing was a great one 'just what we need' and 13% did a Vicky Pollard with 'Oh my God no!'
Very mixed reactions on the message boards but you can't help but look at the table and see we are fourth, hey, maybe this MON fella actually knows what he is doing! :o)
One post in our forum thread: (Click Here >> Warning - adult language) jumped out at me though. Barosbarrybouma said:
Heskey is just the kind of player I can see O'Neill going for. Makes sense in a lot of ways.
- Big strong target man, something we've been missing since Carew's injury.
- Strong, quick, athletic, powerful... a nightmare for defenders to mark and an aerial threat.
- A player who will work for the team all day and never tire.
- A player whose ability to hold up the ball will bring the likes of Milner, Young, Gabby and Sidwell into the game.
- A thorough, uncomplaining professional.
- Highly regarded in the game - as evidenced by England managers coming back to him time after time.
- A winner. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he have League Cup medals with Leicester and Liverpool and FA & UEFA Cup medals with Liverpool to his name?
- A seasoned Premiership veteran who can help support our younger players and who won't take an age to settle in.
- A player looking to cement his place in the England manager's plans for next summer.
- NOT CUP TIED FOR FA CUP/UEFA
OK, so his goals to games ratio isn't equivalent to that of a Torres, Shearer or even a Bent or Defoe, but he's definitely able to offer something different to our team, and I could see him being a massive asset. At the reported price, he's a bargain as well. £3.5 million? When a tw@t like Craig Bellamy's just gone for £15million? When Blackburn want in excess of £20 million for Santa Cruz? Absolute snip - and that might be important if we're looking for a big buy further down the line, be it this January or Summer. Randy's reserves aren't endless, and we're not his only sports team either.
Short term solution, maybe, but I don't see that many brilliant alternatives being available this January, certainly none with the same experience, or at the same price.
I'm sure Heskey will get the same reception that all our new players get when he steps on the pitch. Welcome on board Emile.
Also, haven't heard it so don't take it as gospel, but apparently MON mentioned in the press conference he'd like to try to bring Michael Owen to Villa to partner up with the big man in the summer. As said, I could be totally wrong as this is second hand info, I'm sure we'll soon see the quotes in the press if that was said!
O'Neill loves Heskey
And so do we
He won't score just one
For Villa he'll score three!
**Emile Heskey - The Full Goal Scoring Record**
Wigan Fan's Opinion On Emile Heskey
Another Wigan Fan's Opinion On Heskey
What sort of signing will Emile Heskey make then?
It's official, Heskey Signs
Aston Villa have a few players out on loan so far this season, so here's an update following on from the last month.
Gordon Cowans' Under 21 side hosted Burnley on Monday at Bodymoor Heath in a friendly.
Aston Villa have six players away with their countries in the October international window.
Midfielder Jordan Veretout hasn't just had to adjust to life in a new country, at a new club and with a new language, there was also the small matter...
|1.||Pride of Lions||306|
|9.||LORD RON SAUNDERS||56|