Another Wigan Fan's Opinion On Emile Heskey
1) So it looks very likely that Emile Heskey is on his way to Villa. You surprised?
I am surprised I thought he would go to Liverpool in the summer.
2) Reports say you are in talks to sign Mido, you totally gutted?!
I'm not gutted about Heskey going, he hasn't gelled with Zaki , in fact Camara looks better with Zaki than Heskey. Not convinced Mido is the answer but time will tell.
3) What sort of player do you think we'll be getting in Heskey and with your knowledge of what Martin O'Neill is building at Villa and the players we have, do you think he'll fit in (I know as a Wigan fan you most likely couldn't care less but go with it!!!)?
Not one who will score you a raft of goals, there are two Heskey's the one who runs and runs, wins every header and lays of great balls to more prolific strikers and there's the one who can't be bothered chasing a ball a few feet in front of him and won't jump for a header. Trouble is you never know which one you are going to get.
4) How has his fitness been in recent years as he always seems to have had struggles with injuries through his career?
Was very bulky when we signed him but is now lean and fit stamina wise but gets lots of niggling hamstring problems.
5) You sorry to see him go (obviously there are still major IF's until anything is announced by the clubs)?
I was devastated to see Palacios go as he was 24, had three years of his contract to run and had his best years ahead of him. Heskey has 6 months left is 31 and hasn't got long left at the top. One of the reasons my source tells me we haven't done a deal apart from his exorbitant wage demands is that we only offered him a one year deal. Having said that he is a really nice unassuming guy and I honestly hope it works out for him with you.
Good luck for a top four spot
With thanks to Baskerville from Vital Wigan.
For Worbo's answers: Click Here.