Wigan Fan's Opinion On Emile Heskey
1) So it looks very likely that Emile Heskey is on his way to Villa. You surprised?
Not surprised that he is leaving has our chairman Dave Whelan was quoted has saying he wanted something for Heskey rather than letting him go for free in the summer though Heskey himself said that he wanted to stay and run his contract down.
2) Reports say you are in talks to sign Mido, you totally gutted?!
Gutted? Absolutely not, Mido has been angling for a move to the JJB for the past 6 months, he wants to play for us, he can do all that Heskey does plus he will score more goals, and with Zaki we will have a Pharaoh pair (fair old pair ;) ) up front
3) What sort of player do you think we'll be getting in Heskey and with your knowledge of what Martin O'Neill is building at Villa and the players we have, do you think he'll fit in (I know as a Wigan fan you most likely couldn't care less but go with it!!!)?
Heskey is a handful for defences but he can trap a ball further than I can kick one, he’ll graft though and will bring in the players around him, don’t expect many goals from him, couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo
4) How has his fitness been in recent years as he always seems to have had struggles with injuries through his career?
Heskey missed half of last season through injury, and he missed half the season before, this season he’s been relatively injury free, so he’s due a few weeks on the sidelines
5) You sorry to see him go (obviously there are still major IF's until anything is announced by the clubs)?
I will be sorry to be honest, he has been good for us, I will never forget the performance he put in at Bramall Lane two seasons ago when we had to win on the last game of the season to stay up, he was immense that day and showed what a player he can be, he also represented England whilst a Latic and that is a massive honour for a club the size of ours.
With thanks to Worbo at Vital Wigan: www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.