An Interview With A Blackburn Rovers Fan
1) Realistically what are the ambitions of Blackburn Rovers and where do you think Rovers will finish this season?
Realistically, we should not be in the position we are. Our boys are genuinely a top 8 team, however, with our poor start to the season, I believe we will claw our way out of the scrap heap and finish 10th to 12th, hopefully with a good run in the FA Cup
2) Are you happy with Big Sam as your new manager and are you prepared for the tough tackling hoofball game he often plays?
I am delighted!!!!! Big Sam is known for getting the best out of players, and sticking his boot up there backside. He has shown faith in Benni McCarthy and has reaped the rewards. The defence are not leaking like before, we are undefeated in a few, and the boys are playing great football.
3) Do you think Paul Ince was given enough time and do you not think that the board member who chose him should have stood down if they then realised he wasn't good enough after such a short space of time?
Whether or not the board member should have stood down is a difficult decision. Paul Ince has shown he knows how to use the marketplace. Signing a few members who are still in the first team under the Allardyce reign. However, the results are what differs. Ince could not get the best out of his players, whether the lads weren't happy under Ince or not, the results were shocking. Ince does have a future as a Premier League manager, but he does need to sharpen his skills in the lower leagues or abroad.
4) Who should Villa be afraid of in the Rovers team this weekend?
Benni McCarthy!!!! He is on fire and on form. Scoring when it counts, and creating havoc for the defence. The lad has found his feet under Sam Allardyce, and boy did we need someone to step up and start scoring some goals. Lets hope he gets a few on the weekend!!!!!
5) Who do you most fear in the Villa team and why? Gabriel Agbonlahor. An absolute freak. I rate this lad extremely highly, explosive pace, great touch and great strike, he knows how to finish, and where to place himself. Fingers crossed he has a quiet game!
6) If you could have a couple of our players who would they be and why?
Brad Friedel and Agbonlahor. Friedel has God status at Ewood. I'm sure he will get a fantastic reception when he comes back to Ewood. The fans love him, he loves the club and he left on the right terms. As for Agbonlahor...see above lol
7) I'm coming up to Ewood Park this weekend, which pies are best?!?!?!
I think Mikey can answer this one. I am born and bred in Sydney. Australia after all!!!!!!!
8) Do you have under pitch heating and do you think if the snow remains as it is now the game will go ahead?
We do we do!!!! Only two clubs don't, I think that was Fulham and West Brom or Pompey maybe. Unless the whether is absolutely havoc, game on!!!!!
9) What is your prediction for the game?
Would love a home win, but gut feeling says 2-2 draw. A tight competitive game, with long balls being the common. All the best lads!!!!!
See the Vital Villans on tour at Vital Blackburn's forum: Click Here
And in our forum: Click Here
And to see a picture of a giraffe: Click Here (Go on, admit it, you clicked didn't you?)
With thanks to sasman from Vital Blackburn