The Villa Times - 09/01/2006
Unoial Villa News...
Takeover is still rumbling on according to reports in the Mercury STAY AWAKE AT THE BACK. Full story: Click Here
Stats from Saturday's FA Cup match: Click Here Showing 13 corners and 55% possession. The draw for the fourth round is at 1.30pm live on BBC2 Monday.
Wayne Henderson is set to join Brighton on a permanent deal with a figure of around £30k quoted. Full Story: Click Here
Stefan Postma has joined Wolves on a permanent basis after impressing on loan. Full story: Click Here
O'Leary has said Mark Delaney is going nowhere, although other quotes say that every player has his price. The player, who has clearly stated he doesn't want to leave Villa, has been linked to a host of Premiership clubs, Portsmouth being the latest with a reported £1million interest. Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Blackburn Rovers have also been linked. Full story: Click Here
The Guardian have suggested that Villa will listen to offers for 29 year old midfielder Lee Hendrie. You have to ask why we would sell any player because O'Leary has been quoted as saying the board have told him there will be no purchases whether he sells anyone or not. So sod em, keep all the players, it isn't as if we have a massive squad (only 16 were available for selection on Saturday). Full story: Click Here I could go into a 'where has all the money gone' rant, but what's the point, you'd all just duck for cover anyway!
O'Leary says that Hendrie won't be leaving on loan this season.
Another rumour has Hendrie moving to Pompey in a £2.5million deal. Full story: Click Here
The Jlloyd Samuel to move stories continue. This particular one is in The Times saying that Villa will listen to offers for the left back. Samuel, who made it to the bench as cover against Hull despite not being fully fit yet, has been linked to Charlton since I was about 3 years old. No contact from any club has been made though! Fulham and Portsmouth have also been linked.
Leeds refused permission for Eirik Bakke to play for Villa against Hull because they didn't want him to be cup tied. They would have given permission if Villa had agreed a permanent deal for the player. Reports over the weekend suggest that West Brom will now nip in and take the player from under our noses.
O'dear me. O'Leary thought that he could have up to four loan players but has been told by the FA that he already has a full quota: He said 'I thought you could have four players on loan, but I rang the FA and they said that Premier League clubs seldom have two loan players anyway.'
Fulham, Everton and Aston Villa are all reported to be chasing Austrian striker Sanel Kuljic. The striker is said to be rated at, hang on, it doesn't matter what he is rated at, we aren't buying anyone, so why link us?
We asked in a poll last week if Villa are now safe from the relegation battle following our fine run of games over the Christmas period. 32% said yes and we can still make Europe, 25% we were safe and would get a mid table finish, 36% said we weren't safe but we were close, and 7% said we'd get sucked back into the fight.
In our current poll, 41% said they didn't think Villa would make it passed the 3rd round of the FA Cup, I'd expect that stat to change slightly now though!
Thought for the day: There cannot be a crisis this week; my schedule is already full.
Register on this site via the drop down menu and leave feedback to this story below or to join in the debates on the forum.
Go on, get vitalled!