Writer: J P Fear
Date:Wednesday January 7 2009
1) So, despite playing some nice passing football, the Baggies seem to be deep in the mire again, will the Spurs result be the turning point and see you fine folk move to safety?
The game against Spurs wasn't attractive to watch but that game and the one a week earlier against Manchester City signalled a change in the style of play for the Baggies this season. They are playing the ball forward a lot quicker now instead of knocking it around at the back or in midfield. This plays to the strengths of Roman Bednar and Luke Moore and cuts down on the opportunity to give the ball away in dangerous areas of the pitch. Hopefully, this change in style will lead to improved results in the second half of the season.
2) Luke Moore... I've seen nothing but negative comments from Baggies fans, has he done anything to convince anyone that he will start hitting the back of the net and become a fans favourite?
Luke has a lot to do to prove himself to Baggies fans but in the few games that he has started recently he has shown that he has a lovely first touch, a great deal of pace and knows how to finish. If he scores the winner against Villa on Saturday he will be sure to become an instant hero.
3) Is Tony Mowbray the man for the job?
Tony Mowbray is the right man to lead the Baggies even if we get relegated this season. His style of football will ultimately be successful.
4) Why won't Jeremy Peace and the board invest a little in order to try and help your manager/s stay up when the team have worked so hard for promotion ?
The club spent £22million in the summer so they have invested in the team. Whether they are right quality of players remains to be seen. Loans will be the only way we strengthen this window. Clubs ask more for players in January and when you are desperate plus what quality player wants to move to a club in danger of relegation.
5) If you could have one or two of our players, who would they be and why?
Martin Laursen is a quality defender that would seriously improve our backline and also add a threat from set pieces.
James Milner is a solid professional with bags of energy who has massive amounts of experience in the Premier League, something that we desperately need.
6) Who should Villa look out for on Sunday? (Saturday)
Luke Moore is the obvious player to look out for. Your old player returning home, he's bound to score.
7) Saturday lunchtime kick offs, don't you just love the traditions of football! :o(
We never seem to perform well in those games but with the promise of warmer weather perhaps it will be different this time.
8) Come on then Baggy Boys, lets have a prediction from you!
With our recent history against Villa its hard to see us winning the game but I reckon we will squeeze out a 1-1 this time around.
With thanks to Lord Shepherd from Vital Baggies www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk My interview with Vital Baggies Click Here
Date:Wednesday January 7 2009
Mixed Emotions Following Manchester United Draw (Saturday December 20 2014)
Heroic Effort By Aston Villa v Man Utd Today (Saturday December 20 2014)
Stats: Aston Villa v Man U (Saturday December 20 2014)
Lambert - Duo Going Nowhere In January (Saturday December 20 2014)
Aston Villa v Manchester United: Team Line-Ups (Saturday December 20 2014)
Something For The Weekend (476) (Friday December 19 2014)
Clark Talks Manchester United & Okore (Friday December 19 2014)
Lambert's Big Manchester United Belief (Friday December 19 2014)
Villa Injury News Pre Manchester United (Friday December 19 2014)
Cissokho Relishing Manchester United (Friday December 19 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||660|
|Aston Villa||1||-||1||Man Utd|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Leicester City|
|Crystal Palace||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|12. Aston Villa||17||5||5||7||-10||20|
|Harry Hails Hatrick Hero
» Q.P.R. : 20/12/2014 23:12:00
» Swansea : 20/12/2014 21:40:00
|Bruce: We're Missing Our Big Players
» Swansea : 20/12/2014 21:29:00
|Wholesale Team Changes Pay Off For Monk
» Swansea : 20/12/2014 21:23:00
|Awesome Austin Blitzes Baggies
» Q.P.R. : 20/12/2014 21:03:00