Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday December 19 2008
1) So how is the season going so far for you, better or worse than expected considering the injuries?
Worse to be honest. The injury to Ashton has been a massive blow, and Dyer would make a real difference to our midfield, but I was expecting to be more comfortably mid-table.
2) Gianfranco Zola...! A total gent but weren't you boys a bit shocked that a former Chelsea legend, not to mention inexperienced manager ended up at Upton Park? Will he get time, is he the right man for the job and what did you make of his threat to quit if he doesn't get some money to buy players.
I was pleased with the appointment of Zola, and even more so Clarke, and I hope they get time. Zola needs to get Chelsea out of his mind, for him not to celebrate our goal last weekend has not endeared him to the faithful. If we can keep our better players in January, Zola willl be able to build something good here.
3) The papers are full of gossip that you'll have to sell a few players to balance the books for your Icelandic owners, do you think that is the case, if so who would you think most likely to leave?
I am hoping for only squad players to leave: Davenport, Bowyer, Boa Morte, Spector, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one 'big' player such as Bellamy leave.
4) We've been linked with Dean Ashton, what do you make of that and do you think it would be madness for a club to take a risk judging by the reported £10million price tag on a player who spends most of time on the injury bench?
Ashton is a superb player when fit, but that is nowhere near often enough. He's played only thirty-odd games for us in three seasons. If someone came in with a ten million plus bid I would snatch their hands off, let him spend half the season in someone else's treatment room.
5) Who would you rather keen, Craig Bellamy or Dean Ashton?
6) What, if anything do you think of Villa and Martin O'Neill? Do you think the press/Fergie are right that we are the only club likely to break the top four monopoly?
You can't but help like M.O.N, the guy is honest and building a good team at Villa. I still don't think you have quite enough to break into the top four as yet, although you will be close.
7) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
Ashley Young. It was a massive shame we didn't get him from Watford.
8) Would you take Marlon Harewood back if we said please?
Vicehead. Will run all day for you, but is hit and miss in front of goal. No thanks.
9) What is your prediction for this weekends game?
We are due a win, so 2-1 to us.
With thanks to Saul from Vital West Ham
Date:Friday December 19 2008
Bent Wants Brighton Stay (Sunday December 21 2014)
Lambert To Complete Cleverley Deal? (Sunday December 21 2014)
Mixed Emotions Following Manchester United Draw (Saturday December 20 2014)
Heroic Effort By Aston Villa v Man Utd Today (Saturday December 20 2014)
Stats: Aston Villa v Man U (Saturday December 20 2014)
Lambert - Duo Going Nowhere In January (Saturday December 20 2014)
Aston Villa v Manchester United: Team Line-Ups (Saturday December 20 2014)
Something For The Weekend (476) (Friday December 19 2014)
Clark Talks Manchester United & Okore (Friday December 19 2014)
Lambert's Big Manchester United Belief (Friday December 19 2014)
|2.||Pride of Lions||667|
|Aston Villa||1||-||1||Man Utd|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Leicester City|
|Crystal Palace||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|12. Aston Villa||17||5||5||7||-10||20|
|Totally Deserved, says Gus Poyet
» Sunderland : 22/12/2014 01:34:00
|Pardew Will Have To Live With 4 In A Row Tab.
» Sunderland : 22/12/2014 01:12:00
|4 In A Row @NUFC
» Newcastle : 22/12/2014 00:52:00
|Sunderland Beat Newcastle Yet Again
» Sunderland : 21/12/2014 22:31:00
|Anfield Points Lost, Saved, Won And Dropped
» Arsenal : 21/12/2014 21:25:00