Arsenal Fan Interview After Villa Defeat
1) So Rocky, how do you assess the season, great win (and it was a GREAT win) v Man Utd one week and spanked by the Villa the next?
It's the story of our season really. I just can't understand it. There is obviously something wrong with the team but we can't really do anything about till January so we'll just have to keep battling on till then. Hopefully we'll be able to find some sort of consistency to ensure our season isn't over before that.
2) Where do you see yourselves ending up this season and do you see Villa as serious challengers for a top four place?
Champions ..... Midtable ...... your guess is as good as mine with this current form. As for Villa, you can only really go by the table and form and a third of the way into the season you gotta say yes, the have a real chance of making the Champions League.
3) Arsene Wenger. Legend, great manager, done mighty things for Arsenal. No one can deny that. BUT does there come a time when even the best can no longer continue to build and re-build teams?
There does come a time when the best can't build teams anymore, but did you see the Carling Cup in midweek? Wenger still has a lot to offer, he's just made a couple of errors/had his hand forced in the last 12 months that has left us short. There is no manager in the game who can run our club like Wenger does. He's also done (still doing a) a lot for the English game. For the past twelve years he's had to budget for a stadium whilst at the same time becoming the most sucessful Arsenal manager ever, people failed to see his long term vision which is now bearing fruit. Mark my words, you'll see a lot of Arsenal players in the England set up in the coming years.
4) If you could have one player from Villa, who would it be and why?
Anyone who can win a defensive header please.
5) What do you think of Villa and Martin O'Neill?
He's ace. He's a fantastic manager, but he makes me laugh too. The game needs characters, and you've certainly got one there.
Thanks Gooners, see you on Boxing Day at our gaff..!
With thanks to Rocky from Vital Arsenal: www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.