Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday September 12 2008
1) Another great start for Spurs, all down to Berbatov the footballing mercenary sulk, or are you just struggling to get the right team together?
I think our bad start is due to poor tactics and new players gelling in. I refuse to accept that Berbatov is to blame.
2) A lot of money has been spent at Spurs, is it right that the director of football seems so hands on and if he is bringing in the players, is he not also as culpable for poor results as the managers?
I have never been a big fan of the DOF structure. It seems as though the position carries a lot of authority but without any accountability or responsibility. The players should be chosen by the manager and he should sink or swim by his decisions alone.
3) Martin Jol seemed to split opinions for Spurs fans, is Juande Ramos a step up or....?
Juande Ramos will only be proved to be better than Martin Jol when he surpasses his two top 5 finishes.
4) What was your best signing of the summer?
We will have to wait and see!
5) If you could have one Villa player, who would it be and why? Who would you gladly send to us in exchange?
None of the current Villa Players are good enough for Spurs and all the current Spurs players would be too good for the Villa Side.
6) What, if anything, do you think of Aston Villa and also Martin O'Neill?
I have always liked Villa as they play good attractive football. It is such a shame that the city they are in is so grim. Birmingham should be avoided at all costs. However, Martin O’Neil is a very good manager.
7) I've read a fair bit on Vital Spurs over the years about potential ground moves or re-developments of White Hart Lane. What is the current situation? Surely you would hate to move to one of the new identikit stadiums?
I am not up to date on the situation but what I do know is that Spurs having been buying all the shops and buildings in the immediate vicinity of the ground. I do think they will stay where they are and re-develop. I hope so anyway.
8) Last seasons game against Villa was a crazy rollercoaster ride and Villa really did blow 3 points from such a winning position, great entertainment though, do you expect the same this year!?
To throw a lead away like Villa did is a measurement of how crap the Villa side is! Nevertheless, it was a fantastic game and in the end Spurs should have won it.
With thanks to paxton53 from Vital Spurs:
My interview on Vital Spurs Click Here
Date:Friday September 12 2008
Safety, Then Security - Sherwood Has To Plan Ahead (Saturday March 28 2015)
Lambert Left Villa Healthy (Saturday March 28 2015)
Something For The Weekend (488) (Friday March 27 2015)
Vital Villa Player Of The Month For March - Vote (Friday March 27 2015)
The Vital Villa Man Of The Match v Swansea (Late!) (Friday March 27 2015)
The Aston Villa Injury Table Updated (Friday March 27 2015)
Too High A Price For Keeping The British End Up? (Friday March 27 2015)
Burke Heads To Notts County (Thursday March 26 2015)
Kinsella Heads To Luton Town (Thursday March 26 2015)
Cole Praises Delph's Qualities (Thursday March 26 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||999|
|10.||Villan Of The North||194|
|Hull City||2||-||0||Aston Villa|
|15. Hull City||30||6||10||14||-12||28|
|16. Aston Villa||30||7||7||16||-20||28|
|Nani`s Coming Back
» Man Utd : 29/03/2015 10:20:00
|Van Gaal Chasing a £1million Bonus!
» Man Utd : 29/03/2015 10:14:00
|Is Juventus the Destination?
» Man Utd : 29/03/2015 10:09:01
|Varane Talk Ramped Up by the Media
» Chelsea : 29/03/2015 10:03:00
|Barkley Linked to Chelsea Move
» Chelsea : 29/03/2015 09:56:01