Writer: J P Fear
Date:Friday September 12 2008
1) Another great start for Spurs, all down to Berbatov the footballing mercenary sulk, or are you just struggling to get the right team together?
I think our bad start is due to poor tactics and new players gelling in. I refuse to accept that Berbatov is to blame.
2) A lot of money has been spent at Spurs, is it right that the director of football seems so hands on and if he is bringing in the players, is he not also as culpable for poor results as the managers?
I have never been a big fan of the DOF structure. It seems as though the position carries a lot of authority but without any accountability or responsibility. The players should be chosen by the manager and he should sink or swim by his decisions alone.
3) Martin Jol seemed to split opinions for Spurs fans, is Juande Ramos a step up or....?
Juande Ramos will only be proved to be better than Martin Jol when he surpasses his two top 5 finishes.
4) What was your best signing of the summer?
We will have to wait and see!
5) If you could have one Villa player, who would it be and why? Who would you gladly send to us in exchange?
None of the current Villa Players are good enough for Spurs and all the current Spurs players would be too good for the Villa Side.
6) What, if anything, do you think of Aston Villa and also Martin O'Neill?
I have always liked Villa as they play good attractive football. It is such a shame that the city they are in is so grim. Birmingham should be avoided at all costs. However, Martin O’Neil is a very good manager.
7) I've read a fair bit on Vital Spurs over the years about potential ground moves or re-developments of White Hart Lane. What is the current situation? Surely you would hate to move to one of the new identikit stadiums?
I am not up to date on the situation but what I do know is that Spurs having been buying all the shops and buildings in the immediate vicinity of the ground. I do think they will stay where they are and re-develop. I hope so anyway.
8) Last seasons game against Villa was a crazy rollercoaster ride and Villa really did blow 3 points from such a winning position, great entertainment though, do you expect the same this year!?
To throw a lead away like Villa did is a measurement of how crap the Villa side is! Nevertheless, it was a fantastic game and in the end Spurs should have won it.
With thanks to paxton53 from Vital Spurs:
My interview on Vital Spurs Click Here
Date:Friday September 12 2008
Lambert Looking For QPR Response (Friday October 24 2014)
QPR Injury Update (Friday October 24 2014)
The Villa Times - 24/10/2014 (Friday October 24 2014)
Lawro In Villa Win Shocker - Mystic In Depression (Friday October 24 2014)
Which Kick Off Time Is Hated The Most? (Friday October 24 2014)
Lambert - Time To Change Our Focus (Thursday October 23 2014)
Vlaar Wants A Return To Winning Ways (Thursday October 23 2014)
Drennan Returns - So Time For A Round Up (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Okore Not Ready For Premiership Action (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Nathan Baker Picks Up Hamstring Injury (Tuesday October 21 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||702|
|8.||Villan Of The North||157|
|Aston Villa||0||-||2||Man City|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Hull City|
|11. Hull City||8||2||4||2||0||10|
|12. Aston Villa||8||3||1||4||-8||10|
|15. Leicester City||8||2||3||3||-2||9|
|A West Ham Transfer Target?
» West Ham : 24/10/2014 17:50:00
» West Ham : 24/10/2014 17:45:00
|Lambert Looking For QPR Response
» Aston Villa : 24/10/2014 17:42:00
|Carroll`s Back in Training!
» West Ham : 24/10/2014 17:41:00
|Liverpool: The 'NFLication' Of Football
» Liverpool : 24/10/2014 17:40:00