10 reasons why Villa fans should not boo Gareth Barry this afternoon IF he plays v Odense BK in the Intertwobob cup.
1) We are Villa fans! At all costs we need to win today, anything other than vocal support from our side is not helping the cause.
2) 10 years good service, although his interview was wrong it doesn't negate the contribution the player has made to the club NOR the fact if not for him in the last year under David O'Leary, I am convinced we'd have been relegated.
3) Any player in the mighty claret and blue shirt, on the pitch deserves nothing more than 100% support from the fantastic C&B army.
4) The club are still trying to convince him to say, us booing him will do nothing but make him feel his decision to go is right. IF not bids match the valuation the player stays and as a professional I would expect him to give nothing less than the 100% he always does, surely you won't boo him all season, so why start now?!
5) If you back the manager, surely you back the managers decisions?
6) If he does go he'll have earnt the club a fantastic profit on the few hundred grand he cost all those years back from Brighton & Hove Albion (after the tribunal had their way!)
7) Other players are friends with him and respect him, if they see us turn on him it will surely have a negative impact on their opinion of us as fans?
8) There are two sides to every story, he is getting on as a player and reaching his peak, therefore he wants Champions League football, last summer he was quoted as being excited at the prospect of the world class signings promised. They didn't materialise and this summer again we aren't exactly seeing a rush of incoming players. We are the fans, the players are the staff, if he feels he has given all he can and his ambitions aren't being reciprocated as club captain, then.........? I got slated for saying this before but I think we lost him last summer with the quality of signings and January with just one arrival who hasn't been played will have re-enforced the fear.
9) What will prospective transfer targets think if they hear us booing one of our best players?
10) There is no ten but the article title would have been pants if it said nine good reasons!
Flame away, booing a Villa player on the pitch, for me is just wrong.
(Article done at the request of johnmurphy3112 who wrote in: Don't boo tonight - Is there any chance you could do a well worded article about the negative effect that booing barry (if he plays) could have on the rest of the team. It is our most important game for a while and we need to be positive, we all have frustrations with barry but the rest of the team and the result are more important.)
Manager Tim Sherwood has spoken of his disappointment - and shouldered the blame - for today's one nil loss to Stoke City.
All the stats from Aston Villa (0) vs (1) Stoke, Villa Park, 3/10/15 Att: 33,189
Statistics, damn lies and Aston Villa..
Bit of a mix and match today from manager Tim Sherwood's pre Stoke press conference.
|2.||Pride of Lions||192|