Writer: J P Fear
Date:Saturday July 26 2008
10 reasons why Villa fans should not boo Gareth Barry this afternoon IF he plays v Odense BK in the Intertwobob cup.
1) We are Villa fans! At all costs we need to win today, anything other than vocal support from our side is not helping the cause.
2) 10 years good service, although his interview was wrong it doesn't negate the contribution the player has made to the club NOR the fact if not for him in the last year under David O'Leary, I am convinced we'd have been relegated.
3) Any player in the mighty claret and blue shirt, on the pitch deserves nothing more than 100% support from the fantastic C&B army.
4) The club are still trying to convince him to say, us booing him will do nothing but make him feel his decision to go is right. IF not bids match the valuation the player stays and as a professional I would expect him to give nothing less than the 100% he always does, surely you won't boo him all season, so why start now?!
5) If you back the manager, surely you back the managers decisions?
6) If he does go he'll have earnt the club a fantastic profit on the few hundred grand he cost all those years back from Brighton & Hove Albion (after the tribunal had their way!)
7) Other players are friends with him and respect him, if they see us turn on him it will surely have a negative impact on their opinion of us as fans?
8) There are two sides to every story, he is getting on as a player and reaching his peak, therefore he wants Champions League football, last summer he was quoted as being excited at the prospect of the world class signings promised. They didn't materialise and this summer again we aren't exactly seeing a rush of incoming players. We are the fans, the players are the staff, if he feels he has given all he can and his ambitions aren't being reciprocated as club captain, then.........? I got slated for saying this before but I think we lost him last summer with the quality of signings and January with just one arrival who hasn't been played will have re-enforced the fear.
9) What will prospective transfer targets think if they hear us booing one of our best players?
10) There is no ten but the article title would have been pants if it said nine good reasons!
Flame away, booing a Villa player on the pitch, for me is just wrong.
(Article done at the request of johnmurphy3112 who wrote in: Don't boo tonight - Is there any chance you could do a well worded article about the negative effect that booing barry (if he plays) could have on the rest of the team. It is our most important game for a while and we need to be positive, we all have frustrations with barry but the rest of the team and the result are more important.)
Date:Saturday July 26 2008
Stats: Aston Villa v Sunderland (Saturday August 29 2015)
Aston Villa v Sunderland - Team Sheets (Saturday August 29 2015)
Pre Sunderland Injury Update (Friday August 28 2015)
The Aston Villa Injury Table Updated (Friday August 28 2015)
Mystic Mug v Lawro - Aston Villa v Sunderland (Friday August 28 2015)
Infographic - England Based On Stats! (Aston Villa (Thursday August 27 2015)
Another Aston Villa Exit - Tonev Departs (Thursday August 27 2015)
Sherwood Picks Out Trio For Praise (Thursday August 27 2015)
FSF Match Day Protest Over Prices - Aston Villa (Thursday August 27 2015)
Vital Villa Man Of Match v Palace / Notts County (Thursday August 27 2015)
|1.||Pride of Lions||1194|
|Crystal Palace||2||-||1||Aston Villa|
|Aston Villa||0||-||1||Man Utd|
|AFC Bournemouth||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|11. AFC Bournemouth||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|12. Aston Villa||4||1||1||2||-1||4|
|Cresswell on Hammers Fine Win at Anfield
» West Ham : 29/08/2015 17:39:01
|Reid on Hammers Fine Win at Anfield
» West Ham : 29/08/2015 17:34:01
|Mourinho`s Views on Palace Loss
» Chelsea : 29/08/2015 17:30:01
|Noble on Hammers Fine Win at Anfield
» West Ham : 29/08/2015 17:23:00
» Leicester City : 29/08/2015 17:18:00