Sidwell - Good Or Great + Chelsea Fan Opinion
Vital Villa asked, in our last poll, following reports that Villa had agreed a fee for Steve Sidwell:
Steve Sidwell - Good Signing?
60% said he was a 'Good' signing
30% went one further and voted that he'd be a 'Great' signing.
That left just 6% saying he would be an average arrival and 4% thinking he would be a poor signing.
We also asked Merlin from Vital Chelsea some while back his opinions on the link, I thought now would be as good a time as any to show you his answers again!
With Steve Sidwell being linked in a £7million move to Villa, I thought I'd ask you Chelsea guys a few questions.
1) What did he cost Chelsea from Reading and were you surprised that sort of player was brought in?
We got him on a free, his contract was up so we took advantage of the rules to use him to bolster the squad with a view to playing him whilst the Africans were away at the African Cup of Nations!
2) He doesn't seem to have had much of a chance at Chelsea, is that because of his form or just down to competition for places?
He's only started seven times I believe. He wasn't able to push aside the established stars and even when Essien and Mikel were away in Africa, he didn't shine as much as Shaun Wright-Phillips did in a central midfield role.
3) How highly (or low) do you rate Sidwell?
It's hard to say, we've not seen enough of him, I'd say fair to middle as a guide!
4) Would you be sorry to see him go?
Not really, our midfield is overflowing with world class performers!
5) Do you think he'd be a decent addition for Villa, seems a bit on the pricey side to me I must admit?!
£7 million, yes please considering he cost us nowt! However, he's the sort of player Martin O'Neill can work with and get the best out, I think he was a little overawed at Chelsea!
With thanks to Merlin at www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.