Arsenal Fan's Opinion On The Hoyte Link
Following the link of Justin Hoyte to Aston Villa, I thought I'd ask non other than Paul Mustchin, the Vital Arsenal editor a few questions:
1) Are you surprised Hoyte is being linked with an exit from Arsenal?
Not entirely, he's a young talented player approaching that time in his career where he needs to be playing.
2) He doesn't seem to have had much of a chance at Arsenal, is that because of his form or just down to competition for places?
He actually played 37 games (and is only one game away from the 50 mark) for us last season and did pretty well too. He's unfortunate in the way that Arsenal have always had a whole host of great right backs, and now, in Sagna, I believe we've got the best right back we've ever had and possibly the best in Europe at the minute. I'm just glad that muppet Domenesch has decided not to take him to Euro 2008.
3) How highly (or low) do you rate Hoyte?
I think he's a very good player. He's quick and strong, and his attitude is that the whole of the first choice England XI should take note of, a great professional.
4) Would you be sorry to see him go?
Yeah I would actually, not only is he a good player, but he's an Arsenal fan to boot and you can have too many of those in your team. But because I like him, I think he should move on. He's worked very hard throughout his career and deserves to be playing football.
5) Do you think he'd be a decent addition for Villa, and what sort of price would you expect him to go for?!
I think he'd be a great addition to any team who doesn't have a right back as good as Bacary Sagna. I'm not sure who you have in that position at the moment, but I'm sure Justin would be fighting for first team football.
Seeing as Hoyte is English you'd expect to pay around £25 Million for him ;)
With thanks to Paul at Vital Arsenal: www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk