Interview With Blackburn Fan
1) So how is the season going, by the looks of it very solidly with only 2 losses and some tough matches already out of the way?
We are all very impressed with the way things are going at the moment. 2 losses from 12 games is really good for Rovers particularly with all of the 'big 4' played once already. If anything our league position is slightly harsh on us but time will tell and we can only be happy with how things are going.
2) Mark Hughes, manager in waiting for Manchester United or will he be approached for the England job?
He won't do the England Managers job yet. He has recently stated that he wants to do international management again but it won't be for 10 years or so. As far as Man United is concerned he is destined to do this one day and when Sir Alex retires I feel it will be then. Either way the fact he is being mentioned for both jobs shows what a terrific job he is doing here.
3) Realistically as a Blackburn fan, what can you expect to achieve within the next five years, do you ever see a return to Premiership winning form?
In all honesty I can't see us returning to Premiership winning form unless major investment is made fairly quickly. realistically we want to establish ourselves as a regular European qualifier and maybe have a crack at the Champions League spots.
4) Who do you most fear in the Villa side and if you could take one of our players, who would it be and why?
The players to fear for the Rovers side are Gabby Agbonlahor and Ashley Young. Both are excellent England prospects with a lot of pace which can hurt us more than any other attribute. Scott Carson despite his recent mistake is still an excellent goalkeeper as well. Plus Martin Laursen always comes across to me as an rock solid defender. There's quite a few.
If I had to name one to take, It would be Mr.Agbonlahor. I am a great admirer and he is very close to getting into the full England set up in my eyes.
5) How do you rate Martin O'Neill and would you have liked him for the England job (if you would have, tough!)
I rate him highly. He seems to have great man management skills and always comes across as very intelligent and honest in interviews. His record speaks for itself as he has been a success wherever he has gone. And yes, I would love him to be the England manager but I can't see him doing it as I think Jose Mourinho will eventually get it (I hope).
6) What do you think of Villa, big club with bags of potential or.... ?
Exactly how you've described yourself above. You have underachieved recently but the potential is there. The money, the fans and the young players who can excite combined with experience. Unlike Spurs you keep away from arrogant bragging and concentrate on what's going to help you in the future. I think it might take a few years though to fully come together.
7) With both clubs nestled nicely in the top ten alongside Pompey, Everton and West Ham, who do you think will be making the European spots come the end of the campaign?
The more the season rolls on the more my answer will include Man City. Other than that I would like to say ourselves, yourselves, Everton and Pompey. West Ham will have to wait till next year but they will be happy with a consolidating season after last time out.
8) What is your prediction for the game? I would wish you luck, but you'd know I was lying!
I think it will be fast paced and tackles will not be shy but I back us everytime we are at home and this is no different.
2-1 to Rovers. Good luck Villains.
With thanks to Mikey at http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.