Bolton Fan Offers Us Jlloyd Back!
1) So, awful start to the season and a manager departure already. Were the club right to sack Little Sam so quickly?
It was an odd time to sack Lee after a creditable performance against Chelsea when the midfield at last, seemed to have some balance to it. Rumours from sources that I trust, suggest that some players were in open mutiny. A pity, because I believe he would have got it right given time.
2) Gary Megson? Seems a strange choice, what do you think?
Mystic Megson is a very strange choice. Charisma, a good record, respect. He’s got none of these. Either chairman Phil Gartside is a genius who’s seen something in Megson that everyone has missed, or he’s bonkers. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
3) How are Jlloyd Samuel and Gavin McCann doing for you boys, last time we spoke you weren't impressed with Jlloyd at all.
My thoughts on Samuel are the same. If he kept things simple and stayed in position he’d be just about ok. As it is he tends to wander up the pitch and then stay there. I’d tether him to a goal post.
McCann’s been quite good at times, breaking up the play and getting us moving forward with a simple pass. He’s very inconsistent though.
4) What realistically do you see Bolton achieving in the next five years, you've obviously pushed the top end last season but with the departure of Big Sam, are the glory days possibly over for a while?
Our problems started before Sam left. We won only four games between New Year and the end of the season and were conceding an average of two goals a game. That’s continued this term. The immediate future looks worrying. Many clubs are spending irresponsibly and they’re overtaking us because of that. We’re taking a more prudent approach, which will serve us well in the medium to long term if we can hang onto our Premiership status for the next couple of seasons.
5) What do you think of Martin O'Neill and Villa, big club with big ambitions or a club stuck basking in former glories?
I’ve got a lot of respect for O’Neill. He’s similar to Allardyce in his ability to get good performances from players who’ve fallen by the wayside. Villa fall into the same category as Spurs and Man City. Clubs who’ve had success in the past, but nothing recently, so fans claim that they’re a ‘big’ club in order to compensate for that. A pity that you got rid of David O’Leary, he made us laugh a lot.
6) Which of our players would you like to take to Bolton and who would you send our way in exchange (you can't return our former players!!!)
We’ll have Gabriel Agbonlahor please. You can have Nicky Hunt, Kevin Nolan, Gerald Cid and Lubomir Michalik. I’ve decided that some severe squad pruning is necessary. Are you sure you don’t want J-Lo back?
7) What is your prediction for Sunday and are you as fed up as me about the stupid kick off times, Villa have only had 2 Saturday 3pm kick offs in the last 10 games.
A comfortable win for Villa. Yes the kick off times are a major irritant. The real fans, ie those who go to games, have been sacrificed for the armchair variety.
With thanks to Richard McCormick from Vital Bolton.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.