1) Interesting summer for Man City fans, new players, new owners and a new manager. Bit greedy wasn't it?
Yes it has been a very interesting summer, in close season it is always good when your team is constantly making the back page headlines and the colourful new owner, high profile manager, and eight new signings have certainly lifted the spirits from what was a awful last season. City needed serious investment, during the last five years we have spent very little on players, in fact without the excellent academy which has produced so many first team players we would be seriously in the mire, so far Sven has splashed out 35m but that is well below what Villa have spent, think your club has spent during the last five seasons something in region of 50m on transfers in/out, in comparison our spent of 35m just happens to taken place during the last few months.
2) What do you think of your new 'colourful' owner and the fact you weren't his first choice? Must admit, I'm relieved he came nowhere near Villa.
Thaksin our new owner has to date done everything he said he would, lets say there should be no politics in football so I wont comment on his past, that said I am very reliably informed that he remains very very popular in Thailand, the military junta to justify there take over of the country must condemn him, most city fans are so far happy with our Frank.
Having a foreign owner is par for the course these days, Villa are in fact American owned, so providing the owners plough the money in and get both City and Villa nearer to the so called top four then who owns the club is irrelevant.
3) Sven Goran-Erickson... the right man for Man City?
I think most city fans were against Sven being appointed but once he was in the seat he very quickly won the majority over, he is a very clever guy, his record in club football is second to none, long term I think he will be successful, and I would say 99% of us blues are behind him.
4) What did you think of the scummy Joey Barton leaving, glad to be rid?
Barton is a very good player, he rates himself very highly, from a football sense I was sorry to see him go, but I and most city fans were fed up to the back teeth of his antics and in the end we had to get rid,
5) Is your Petrov as average as he has looked on the few games I've seen of Citeh's this season?
Petrov has undoubted ability, has yet to win any man of the match awards, so maybe he is saving himself for the villa game, hope so.
6) Which of our player/s scare you?
Always liked Barry, a great player, and very pleased to see him do so well for England, other than Barry I do not fear individual players but I respect highly that you work hard as a team.
7) Vassell, a big let down or what you expected? Hopefully he'll not be played v us though, he always seems to have a good game against his former club.
Vassell has not even warmed the bench so far so I do not expect him to feature against Villa, for 2m I suppose he has been ok, no more no less, his work rate however cannot be questioned, his skill certainly can.
8) What is your opinion of Martin O'Neill and Villa in general?
Martin O'Neill, very impressed with him, I like the guy as well, Villa fans I imagine are delighted with him.
9) What is your prediction for the game and are you as bored as me with the constant fixture changes. How cool would it be to go back to Saturday's at 3pm for all games?!?
Prediction for the game, my heart says city to win 2-1, my head says a draw, so 1-1 it will be.
Many thanks, and check Vital Man City for my prediction on where Villa will finish !!!!!!! cheers, Steve Shepley
Manager Tim Sherwood has spoken of his disappointment - and shouldered the blame - for today's one nil loss to Stoke City.
All the stats from Aston Villa (0) vs (1) Stoke, Villa Park, 3/10/15 Att: 33,189
Statistics, damn lies and Aston Villa..
Bit of a mix and match today from manager Tim Sherwood's pre Stoke press conference.
|1.||Pride of Lions||192|