A View From A Wigan Fan
1) So how is your season so far?
After a very slow start where we only won one of our first seven games, we have turned it around in emphatic style with four victories in a row.
2) Do you think Wigan are safe and have you established yourselves in the Premiership? Realistically what can Wigan expect to achieve?
I don't think we are safe yet due to the premiership being so open, however I do expect us to replicate last seasons heroics and beat the drop. I believe we will equal last seasons tenth place finish, which I would be more than happy with.
3) Who in the Wigan team should we fear?
Sadly Emile Heskey is doubtful for the game, but his partner in crime Henri Camara is in fantastic form, and with his pace he will cause the Villa
defence a few problems. Lee McCulloch is also a danger, especially from outside the area.
4) Who in the Villa team do you fear?
Without sounding disrespectful, there is no-one I really fear. What I fear most is the work ethic martin O'Neill has instilled in his team, they are a
hard working side and difficult to beat. That's what I fear the most.
5) Is Paul Jewell the man to take Wigan onwards and will you be able to hold on to him?
Jewell signed a new five year contract with us in the summer and he isn't one for running out on a deal. I think the job he is waiting for is the Liverpool job, I don't see Manchester United or Chelsea coming in for him so its only Liverpool I feel we will lose him too. He's already turned us from a struggling division two side into a god premiership outfit, I believe he can lead us into Europe.
6) What do you think of Martin O'Neill?
I rate him very highly, he is a great worker and his enthusiasm is obviously rubbing off on the villa players
7) What is your opinion of Aston Villa?
A hard working side who don't have any premadonas in their side. Will be difficult to beat under O'Neil. I think the signing of Petrov is fantastic by the way!
8) Do you get as fed up as me at the stupid kick off times, 1.30pm on a Sunday, what is that all about!?
Drives me mental because I have to book off work to watch Sunday games! 5:35 on a Saturday at Portsmouth last year was awful.
9) What is your prediction for the game?
Villa aren't great away from home, drawing 4 of their 6 games. I think it will be honours even. 1-1
By Liam Cooper, Mr Vital Wigan.