Writer: J P Fear
Date:Saturday September 30 2006
After seeing that game on t'interweb I have a few comments to make:
1) Graham Poll is a disgrace! I don't know if he is just intimidated by Chelsea or if he is in fact a Chelsea fan but some of those decisions were disgraceful, especially the foul on Angel where a good argument could be made for a sending off as I believe that he was the last man (looked that way from the camera angle). Having said that, I think, given the chances each side created, a draw was about right.
2) Can we have Sean Wright Phillips please? Chelsea use him so rarely and he'd get a regular game at Vill Park. Come on Sean, you know you want to be a VP legend.
3) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!
4) Can we have Drogba? Villa are crying out for a player like him. The best I can think of that might be available is John Carew. I personally don't like him or rate his skills but you can't argue with his scoring record.
5) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!
6) Melberg is a rock, what a class act.
7) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!!
8) Ridgewell is great coming forward, a dimension that many centre-halves lack.
9) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!!
10) I'm so glad that Barry is ours! Even when out done but Robben's and Phillips' pace he remained composed.
11) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!
12) Our defence is so composed it is unbelievable!! Even facing some of the best attacking players in the world they were not phased. Well done lads!!!
13) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!
14) Baros is starting to look sharp. I just hope that he and Angel can play together alot more as there was a lack of understanding at times.
15) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!
16) Angel may not have his shooting boots on but he certainly is playing well, setting up play, holding up the ball, winning aerial battles (against Terry - that was great to see) and defending like a hero.
17) Graham Poll is a disgrace!!!
18) Gabby WILL be a star!!!!!!!
19) GRAHAM POLL IS A BLOODY DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Villain Of The North
Date:Saturday September 30 2006
Which Villan Would You Most Like To Keep? (Monday September 29 2014)
U21s - Villa 3-0 Bolton (Monday September 29 2014)
Benteke Steps Up His Fitness (Monday September 29 2014)
The Vital Villa Fantasy League Table (Monday September 29 2014)
Lambert Content Following Chelsea Loss (Sunday September 28 2014)
Stats: Chelsea v Aston Villa (Saturday September 27 2014)
Vital Villa Match Day - Villa Away To Chelsea (Saturday September 27 2014)
Something For The Weekend (467) (Friday September 26 2014)
Lambert - We Must Be Pragmatic Against Chelsea (Friday September 26 2014)
Mystic Mug v Lawro .. Villa Away To Chelsea (Friday September 26 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||762|
|6.||Villan Of The North||272|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Hull City|
|3. Man City||6||3||2||1||5||11|
|6. Aston Villa||6||3||1||2||-3||10|
|7. Man Utd||6||2||2||2||2||8|
|9. Crystal Palace||6||2||2||2||0||8|
|Irvine - All Praise To The Players
» WBA : 29/09/2014 20:00:00
|Jovetic Returns For Roma
» Man City : 29/09/2014 18:46:00
|Bruce - We Will Remain Positive
» Hull City : 29/09/2014 18:30:00
|Which Villan Would You Most Like To Keep?
» Aston Villa : 29/09/2014 18:20:00
|Williams Rejoins Ipswich
» Crystal Palace : 29/09/2014 18:13:00