I've had these two articles in relation to Michael Neville.
I have to be honest, I think we are all being slightly unfair to ask for details just yet, surely we have to wait for ANY bidder to get through the technical details and get the bids officially in first? I also believe that at the moment only indicative bids are in. Would be great to find out who the backers are though, get passed that part and those with suspicions may well feel far better informed.
Anyway, here we go, first up by TylerVilla and next by Peter Cross.
I think with Neville being the only bid IN is it time for him to disclose details on the consortium backing the bid?
If he has the fans genuinely at heart he will want to re-assure us of investment in players, stadium, training facilities etc.
Were all sick of the hush, hush from all players in this saga and its time the fans got some information.
We can't have Sven, we just can't. After D'OL we cant have even less passion at the helm. The media hate him for what he did with England and by proxy, Villa will get slated as well. I heard yesterday (Talksport) that Athol had said he is not the head of a consortium which makes me think his agent is not their for the takeover but there for Sven.
Athol is an agent - surely he does not have the right qualifications or experience to run a football club it doesn't make sense.
We must try and get Randy back to the table. The next owner is bound to shape what happens to our club for the next 10 yrs - that's a long time if it doesn't go to the right bidder. Randy is clearly the best - he will not accept failure due to his ego and his wealth will back that up. He has to be the next owner and we cant let Doug send him packing without us at least trying.
The Neville Plan?
It looks as though Michael Neville's "front runner" - so perhaps a few pertinent questions are in order.
Lets look at Michael`s offer
In my view, his alleged offer at £5.60 per share is almost irresponsible. At face value, it is at least £20 million or 50% in excess of the true value of the shares. But the "rub" is that this 'over-the-odds' share premium will be used to 'line the pockets' of already wealthy shareholders. Any money that Mr Neville has been able to raise, could and should have been invested in the club and not squandered in this way.
It is of course possible that we minority shareholders won`t see one penny of it if Mr Neville has only offered to buy the shares of Ellis and Petchey. But in any event I am sure that the vast majority of minority shareholder would prefer, like me, to see every penny possible going into the Club as opposed to the recipients making a "fast-buck" at the expense of our Club.
So Mr Neville, we hear that you want the fans to support your offer. This is extremely understandable, because without it, supporter hostility would give your "backers" the "jitters" and almost certainly undermine their confidence in continuing with their support for your proposal.
So if you want us fans 'onside' to give you our support, we need more information. There are probably 5 questions uppermost in supporter`s minds after both listening to and watching your recent media interviews -
1. The reported £64 million bid. Is this correct? Have you made an offer for all the share capital of Aston Villa? That is, approximately 11.4 million shares at £5.60 each.
2. What position, if any, will Doug Ellis have in the new set-up?
3. Do you plan to increase the budget substantially for "Player Spend"? If so, how much have you included in your cash-flow forecasts for each of the next 3 seasons for "Player Wages" and "Player Trading" (the latter expression meaning the transfer fees of 'players-in` minus 'players-out`)?
4. What, if any plans do you have for shareholder involvement at Board level? If so what power will they have to ensure that all major decisions are in the best interests for Aston Villa to become and maintain Top4 Premiership status?
5. We will obviously wish to know who will be installed in the key positions. ie Team Manager, Chief Executive, and of course new directors and the Chair of the Board. But we understand it is may be too premature for you to know this. To hear you 'floating a wish-list" at interviews serves little purpose until you have firm commitments from potential candidates. Do you agree? If however, you do have such firm commitments we will all be eager to learn what they are but please stop trying to 'cosy' up to us - we just want the facts. Nothing, but the plain unadulterated truth. We've suffered enough 'b......t' and lies for far to long.
I eagerly await his reply.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.