Writer: J P Fear
Date:Wednesday April 12 2006
1) Awful season for Midlands clubs, what has gone wrong at Blues?
Injuries and suspensions have hit them hard.
2) Steve Bruce, is he the man to take Blues forward?
Yes I believe he's earned the right.
3) Was Gold right or wrong to slate everyone in sight via the press?
We ask people to stop sitting on the fence and tell the truth (that's what Villa fans have been asking for years from Doug et al). As soon as anyone does we say he/she should have kept quiet???
4) Where did you expect to finish this season and what, realistically, should Blues be able to achieve in the Premiership?
I think with the investment staying in the Division was the only realistic target.
5) Do you think you will survive the dreaded 'R' word and who do you think will go down?
Not going to temp fate.
6) I usually ask fans of other clubs what their opinion of Villa is, I think I should neatly side step that question this time though!? What do you think of Ellis, as a Blues fan surely you must be a big fan!?
Doug has many qualities and has done some great things at Villa. However unfortunately whatever message he brings to the table is unacceptable for Villa fans.
For his own health's sake he needs to accept a different role..stand aside and let someone else take charge. Doug could be the boardroom man dishing out hospitality to visiting directors etc as the President of whatever.
7) What is your opinion on David O'Leary and do you know what sugarbags are!?
I have no idea what sugarbags are!
David O'Leary's ability as a manager are under scrutiny..he may have legitimate complaints about how he's been allowed to manage or may not but because no one speaks at Villa its hard to find out. But he is a cold fish that's for sure its virtually impossible to form a relationship with. And when he starts calling fans fickle and says he will only listen to those who know what they are talking about it is insulting to all of us.
8) I noticed Emile Heskey was being linked to a move away from Blues in the summer, would that worry you?
As you know I don't deal in speculation
9) Who should Villa fear in the Blues team?
David Dunn is a handful when fit. Pennant can make things happen. Heskey and Sutton are a handful
10) Who do you fear in the Villa team?
I think James Milner makes a big difference to Villa while Kevin Phillips is a natural finisher. The young lad Gabriel Agbonlahor is rapid and confident
11) What do you think the result will be this weekend?
May the best team win.
Thanks Tom, I would wish you luck, but not only would you know that I'm lying I'd also get strung up by my fellow Villa fans!
NB. Tom Ross took the time and trouble to do this interview, so please respect that and don't leave rude or aggressive comments to this article, anything out of line will be removed, anything very out of line will lead to a ban from the network!
Date:Wednesday April 12 2006
Mixed Emotions Following Manchester United Draw (Saturday December 20 2014)
Heroic Effort By Aston Villa v Man Utd Today (Saturday December 20 2014)
Stats: Aston Villa v Man U (Saturday December 20 2014)
Lambert - Duo Going Nowhere In January (Saturday December 20 2014)
Aston Villa v Manchester United: Team Line-Ups (Saturday December 20 2014)
Something For The Weekend (476) (Friday December 19 2014)
Clark Talks Manchester United & Okore (Friday December 19 2014)
Lambert's Big Manchester United Belief (Friday December 19 2014)
Villa Injury News Pre Manchester United (Friday December 19 2014)
Cissokho Relishing Manchester United (Friday December 19 2014)
|1.||Pride of Lions||660|
|Aston Villa||1||-||1||Man Utd|
|Aston Villa||2||-||1||Leicester City|
|Crystal Palace||0||-||1||Aston Villa|
|12. Aston Villa||17||5||5||7||-10||20|
|Pardew In Confident Mood
» Sunderland : 21/12/2014 08:04:00
|Kevin Phillips Backs Sunderland For A Win.
» Sunderland : 21/12/2014 07:48:00
|Newcastle vs Sunderland... Draw Likely?
» Sunderland : 21/12/2014 07:13:00
|Harry Hails Hatrick Hero
» Q.P.R. : 20/12/2014 23:12:00
» Swansea : 20/12/2014 21:40:00