Lessons Learnt This Season
Article submitted by DeanoVilla. (To submit articles, use the drop down Vital Membership menu)
1. We can't defend set pieces, despite our manager being a great centre back in his day.
2. We can't take set pieces. Always hit the first man, or loop it straight over the top of everyone.
3. You can't build a team around Gavin McCann.
4. Gavin Mccann suffers from short term memory loss and forgets which team he is playing for during games. Surely the only way to explain his wayward passing?
5. Liam Ridgewell should have been a kickboxer, not a footballer.
6. Thomas Sorensen is an average keeper, afraid of hurting his hands.
7. Steven Davis is not ready to play every single game.
8. If you get on the wrong side of O'Leary you will be ignored for selection despite the small squad.
9. David O'Leary does not like Aston Villa. He is the equivalent of a Bank Manager working in McDonalds (or at least he thinks he is).
10. Doug Ellis will NEVER leave.
11. Ian Broomfield gets paid a packet for doing nothing.
12. Juan Pablo Angel gets paid a packet for doing nothing.
13. TV Pundits hate us.
14. But not as much as David O'Leary hates us.
15. Fans are turning their backs and attendances will be down next year.
16. Doug Ellis does NOT run a tight ship.
17. It's always someone else's fault hey David?
18. You can't play the long ball game with Kevin Phillips and Luke Moore upfront.
19. Gareth Barry should be in the England squad.
20. We need a new manager and board before we can even think about progressing.
By an unhappy DeanoVilla